Biggest design flaws ever!

Everything else
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Biggest design flaws ever!

Post by Aaron »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Even if they could have convinced Solo to do that the Falcan has an upper limit of 50 people accoriding to the EU. (First NJO book I think)
That's enough for the senior leadership and probably the skilled tradesmen on the Base. I'm sure if the Rebellion threw enough cash at Solo he would have helped out. Hell they gave him 7k over what he wanted to begin with.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Even if they could have convinced Solo to do that the Falcan has an upper limit of 50 people accoriding to the EU. (First NJO book I think)
That's enough for the senior leadership and probably the skilled tradesmen on the Base. I'm sure if the Rebellion threw enough cash at Solo he would have helped out. Hell they gave him 7k over what he wanted to begin with.
Oh, I guess if he had a chance to make the jump to light-speed before the empire showed up he'd do it. But that still leaves the grunts, and without them who's gonna do the fighting?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Oh, I guess if he had a chance to make the jump to light-speed before the empire showed up he'd do it. But that still leaves the grunts, and without them who's gonna do the fighting?
The Rebeelion was greater than that one cell and besides if your going to lose the cell but have a choice of saving the leadership or saving the troopies, you save the leadership. It's easier to replace soldiers than replace a general.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:
The Rebeelion was greater than that one cell and besides if your going to lose the cell but have a choice of saving the leadership or saving the troopies, you save the leadership. It's easier to replace soldiers than replace a general.
Actually the rebels consolidated maybe a year or two prior so while true there were countless other cells elsewhere their main army was there.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Monroe wrote: Actually the rebels consolidated maybe a year or two prior so while true there were countless other cells elsewhere their main army was there.
And? Does that somehow change the fact that you can replace troops easier than a General, or senatorial backers?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Monroe wrote: Actually the rebels consolidated maybe a year or two prior so while true there were countless other cells elsewhere their main army was there.
And? Does that somehow change the fact that you can replace troops easier than a General, or senatorial backers?
No, but I'm saying that they would lose the bulk of their standing army. It'd be like if Washington lost the Contiental army. It'd be a huge strike against the American Revolution.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Monroe wrote: No, but I'm saying that they would lose the bulk of their standing army. It'd be like if Washington lost the Contiental army. It'd be a huge strike against the American Revolution.
And how many would that be? At this point the Rebellion was little more than the space going equivilant of the Taliban, who aren't exactly flush with people.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Monroe wrote:
Cpl Kendall wrote:
No, but I'm saying that they would lose the bulk of their standing army. It'd be like if Washington lost the Contiental army. It'd be a huge strike against the American Revolution.
And if Washington lost the continental army and all the generals and himself too, that would be even worse wouldn't it?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...