Another spelling error located:

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
GandalfTG
Petty officer second class

Another spelling error located:

Post by GandalfTG »

I just realized, after looking through the library for several years, that every single entry has a spelling mistake in the Maneuverability.

In every entry it is spelled Manoeuvrability. The correct spelling is maneuverability. This is of course located in the Strength Indicies, under combat maneuverability.
Rule 1: People Are Stupid!
1a: It's not my Fault!
1b: I just wish people wouldn't try so hard to prove Rule 1.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

That isn't a typo - it's a variation between British and US English spelling.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Dakarne
Petty officer third class

Post by Dakarne »

GandalfTG from Arizona, just a slight titbit of advice; 'manoevrability' is the correct spelling in the context of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth.

As is 'titbit', before you get started.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-Hamlet
GandalfTG

Post by GandalfTG »

Captain Seafort wrote:That isn't a typo - it's a variation between British and US English spelling.
Huh... didn't know that. I don't own a "British English" dictionary, so when I thought that the word looked funny, and looked it up in my dictionary, and it wasn't there under that spelling, but was under another spelling, what am I supposed to think?
Dakarne wrote:just a slight titbit of advice; 'manoevrability' is the correct spelling in the context of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth.

As is 'titbit', before you get started.
I was trying to be helpful, Dakarne, not start trouble, so I'd appreciate it if you'd back off.

Now, after looking looking the word up in the online dictionaries, it would seem that maneuverability is the more correct spelling, as the dictionaries that even acknowledge the word as a correct spelling list it only as a "See Also: maneuverability." so excuse the ever livin hell outa me for trying to help...
Rule 1: People Are Stupid!
1a: It's not my Fault!
1b: I just wish people wouldn't try so hard to prove Rule 1.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

GandalfTG wrote:I was trying to be helpful, Dakarne, not start trouble, so I'd appreciate it if you'd back off.

Now, after looking looking the word up in the online dictionaries, it would seem that maneuverability is the more correct spelling, as the dictionaries that even acknowledge the word as a correct spelling list it only as a "See Also: maneuverability." so excuse the ever livin hell outa me for trying to help...
It depends which dictionaries you look at - the Oxford English Dictionary describes the basic verb "maneuver" simply as a "US variant of manoeuvre" and Google's spellchecker gives both variations. Put simply there isn't a "correct" spelling, and since this site originates in the UK it's hardly surprising sense that the British/Commonwealth spelling is used.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Dakarne

Post by Dakarne »

GandalfTG wrote:I was trying to be helpful, Dakarne, not start trouble, so I'd appreciate it if you'd back off.
No need to be hostile, Maia, I am merely mentioning that it's the British spelling and so is 'titbit'.

-Hamlet
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Silly British and your "English" :D
Dakarne

Post by Dakarne »

DarkOmen wrote:Silly British and your "English" :D
Aye, and our English is the correct one you American numpty. Now go away and watch your silly baseball and armoured rugby that tries to call itself football. :P

-Hamlet