Chain of Command: Part II

The Next Generation
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Chain of Command: Part II

Post by Jordanis »

So, I'm watching this episode right now, and we just got past the part that has Picard shouting THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS after the bit about the cardassian's childhood.

My question is, after the cardassian turns on the pain, what in the hell is Picard saying. I can make out "Six years old, weak and helpless", but I don't know what he says after that, and it's bugging me.

EDIT: Never mind! I just figured it out after rewatching that shot about four times. He ends with "Sur le pont d'Avignon, on y danse", a line from an old French song. I guess I'll leave this here for anyone else who never was able to figure it out.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, I never got that either. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I knew it was French, but I never made it out. Thanks.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

Sixteen years of studying french has finally paid off!
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Speaking of French, I've always wondered why the Klingons in STVI spoke French :?:
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

They did? I don't recall that. Then again, I haven't seen that one in ages. Perhaps the one who spoke it just had an interest in Earth languages?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Yes. As the assassins walked through the Chancellor's flagship toward the chamber where Chancellor Gorkon and his aides were floating, they encounter Klingons who ask "Parlez vous? Parlez vous? Pourqois!?!" ("Can you speak? Can you speak? Why!?!"). The assassins say nothing and just shoot the Klingons and move on.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

*deleted*
Last edited by Reliant121 on Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:Yes. As the assassins walked through the Chancellor's flagship toward the chamber where Chancellor Gorkon and his aides were floating, they encounter Klingons who ask "Parlez vous? Parlez vous? Pourqois!?!" ("Can you speak? Can you speak? Why!?!"). The assassins say nothing and just shoot the Klingons and move on.
I think thats a fairly liberalm take on what the Klingons said.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yes. As the assassins walked through the Chancellor's flagship toward the chamber where Chancellor Gorkon and his aides were floating, they encounter Klingons who ask "Parlez vous? Parlez vous? Pourqois!?!" ("Can you speak? Can you speak? Why!?!"). The assassins say nothing and just shoot the Klingons and move on.
Oh, okay. Weird.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

On reflection, it was actually one Klingon who was one of Gorkon's aides. One of the assassins shot this Klingon's arm off before Gorkon was shot in the chest. The idea is the same, though.