Best so far, and Best to come

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Best so far, and Best to come

Post by Reliant121 »

Okay, simple thread. I'm looking for peoples claims on the best game so far in 2010, on any platform as well as games people are itching to get their hands on. Anything that really really takes your fancy.

Since I haven't had any new ones yet, I'm gonna stick to ones im looking forward too. God the list...Mafia II (which I have preordered), Halo Reach, Medal of Hono(u)r, CoD Black Ops, BioShock Infinity....there are so many to look out for!
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Re: Best so far, and Best to come

Post by colmquinn »

I'm looking forward to Fallout New Vegas this autumn
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Bugger, I forgot about that.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I think Brink looks like a lot of fun.

BioShock Infinity as well.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Looking forward to Portal 2. The first one was a blast, but too damn short. The sequel is suppose to be it's own full sized game.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Lighthawk wrote:Looking forward to Portal 2. The first one was a blast, but too damn short. The sequel is suppose to be it's own full sized game.
Seconded. I love that game.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Thirded, I love the first one, and know I will love the second one, I've seen the runs of it, and it looks awesome! and difficult.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I've always liked puzzles, and FPS games, so the thing was a dream come true for me, especially with all of GLaDOS' sarcastic commentary. :lol:
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I never liked it much. I despise puzzles, and when it comes to FPS i'm rather give or take. I prefer 3rd person RPG.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Portal isn't a typical puzzle game. I'd give it a shot if you haven't played it yet - it should be dirt cheap by now, and it's loads of fun.

Best game I've played so far this year has been Alpha Protocol. It seems to have been hammered by the reviews, but it's by far one of the best games I've played in a long time. It's a shame that any chance of a sequel has already been killed.

Games I'm looking forward to this year are Fallout: New Vegas and Portal 2.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Nothing so far in 2010 has made me eager to get it (last game I got new was Batman: Arkham Asylum late 2009). However, I do look forward to Batman: Arkham City... though I think that is 2011, not sure.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

stitch626 wrote:Nothing so far in 2010 has made me eager to get it (last game I got new was Batman: Arkham Asylum late 2009). However, I do look forward to Batman: Arkham City... though I think that is 2011, not sure.
That was a good one and last i heard 2011 was the eta for the new one
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I've always liked puzzles, and FPS games, so the thing was a dream come true for me, especially with all of GLaDOS' sarcastic commentary. :lol:
GLaDOS really made the game. The puzzles were great, as was the humor in general, but it just wouldn't have been the same without her.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Lighthawk wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:I've always liked puzzles, and FPS games, so the thing was a dream come true for me, especially with all of GLaDOS' sarcastic commentary. :lol:
GLaDOS really made the game. The puzzles were great, as was the humor in general, but it just wouldn't have been the same without her.
100% agreed. The song at the end was possibly the best reward I've ever gotten for beating a game. :lol:
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

So far, I've fallen in love with Dragon Age and the Mass Effect series.

I'm waiting impatiently for Fable III next month. Then Dragon Age II early next year, and Mass Effect III mid to late next year.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.