Wow, this guy ain't too bright...

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Wow, this guy ain't too bright...

Post by Nickswitz »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXsG17IF ... o_response

This guy is kind of stupid, he really is... his reasoning sucks... Haha...

Such as, how can a black hole save you from a supernova... hmmm.... It will suck in the super nova so that Romulas can be evac'd... haha, kinda funny to watch though.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Wow, this guy ain't too bright...

Post by Mark »

Is this going to give me a headache?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I'm thinking yes, yes it will.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Then I ain't gonna watch it till the store opens and I can get me some aspirin.

Who am I kidding? Yes I will.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Nickswitz wrote:Such as, how can a black hole save you from a supernova
Easy! Send everyone into the black hole - now, nobody has to worry about the supernova!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

To be fair, the black hole/supernova scientific backbone of the movie was rather suspect. However, you could just as easily substitute a huge space going dragon and stakes of garlic and keep the character elements the same. Or you could substitute something else that actually makes sense too! Either way, the movie wasn't so much "about" the sci-fi stuff.

(I haven't watched the vid yet, I'm just responding to the thread)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

So.. I watched it... and I will say, if his interpretation were correct (that this takes place in the "normal" timeline) then yes, the fact that Enterprise is the only still-canon series is quite ridiculous.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

People seem to forget that the timeline "reset" at the beginning of S4, so the only canon Enterprise is that final season. All the rest of it never happened.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Which matches exactly with what's being going on in my head since the first time I saw ENT. :)
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mikey wrote:Which matches exactly with what's being going on in my head since the first time I saw ENT. :)
Exactly. :lol:

Alternate universe. Explains the Borg, the Ferengi, and the bland characters and writing. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Tsukiyumi wrote:People seem to forget that the timeline "reset" at the beginning of S4, so the only canon Enterprise is that final season. All the rest of it never happened.
That's far from clear. As I recall the dialogue could easily have been referring to the erasure of the "Nazis invade America" timeline Archer found himself in. There's nothing to say that it did anything to the rest of Enterprise; I'd say at best it might have erased the whole TCW... which would change aspects of S1 through 4, to be sure, but how much is open to debate.

And even that is dubious. The fact that the S5 happens and all the crew are the same, etc, indicates that the first 4 seasons panned out largely the same as before. And remember T'Pol only ever came aboard because of Klaang and that only happened because of the Sulban and the TCW... so T'Pol's continuing presence in S5 argues quite strongly that even the TCW was left largely untouched by whatever happened.

I don't like the idea, but face it; in the current incarnation of Star Trek, Enterprise is the only canonical series. I take comfort in the fact that JJ is clearly going to do exactly as he wants, regardless of whatever Enterprise has to say on the matter.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...