And the 'dead' arose...

In the real world
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

And the 'dead' arose...

Post by Sionnach Glic »

A similar thing happened around here lately, I'll have to dig that one up, but hee's another.
Mon Sep 17, 8:53 AM ET

CARACAS (Reuters) - A Venezuelan man who had been declared dead woke up in the morgue in excruciating pain after medical examiners began their autopsy.

Carlos Camejo, 33, was declared dead after a highway accident and taken to the morgue, where examiners began an autopsy only to realize something was amiss when he started bleeding. They quickly sought to stitch up the incision on his face.

"I woke up because the pain was unbearable," Camejo said, according to a report on Friday in leading local newspaper El Universal.

His grieving wife turned up at the morgue to identify her husband's body only to find him moved into a corridor -- and alive.

Reuters could not immediately reach hospital officials to confirm the events. But Camejo showed the newspaper his facial scar and a document ordering the autopsy.
Source
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

The only way this could be funnier is if the wife had been cheating and brought her boyfriend with her. Since he didn't die we can feel free to make jokes about it, right?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I guess so. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

"Wait a minute... I didn't have the salmon mousse..."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

''You americans!''-love death for saying that,lol
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

..in monty pythons' meaning of life, i mean lol
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

There's been a few cases where people have woken up in like the freezers in the morgues. I wonder how that is that a heart will stop long enough to be put into a morgue then kick back on.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

you can also do that with tadpoles..........my neighbour is an ill man
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Wow, thats slightly spooky. I wonder how many people have actually been bueried alive? :|
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Rochey wrote:Wow, thats slightly spooky. I wonder how many people have actually been bueried alive? :|
I don't have numbers, but it was apparently so prevalent in the 19th century that graves were designed with bell-pulls that victims could ring to be let out. More widely, where do you think a lot of the "vampires-crawling-out-of-their-graves" legends came from?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

Rochey wrote:Wow, thats slightly spooky. I wonder how many people have actually been bueried alive? :|
whats spookier still is how many people got their organs harvested for transplantation while they are still "alive". nobody really knows, because we don't have a good medical definition of death.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Captain Seafort wrote:
I don't have numbers, but it was apparently so prevalent in the 19th century that graves were designed with bell-pulls that victims could ring to be let out. More widely, where do you think a lot of the "vampires-crawling-out-of-their-graves" legends came from?
Made worse by the lack of science. Under certain conditions the outer part(the skin and other obvious stuff) would appear to make a dead(really dead) person look more lively. Without a scientific explination some came up with vampires as an explanation. I studied a little about vampires when we read Dracula in my classic literature class.

Anyway ...

"i live! I saw a tunnel with a light at the end of it." *a stake is driven through his heart* "hey there's that light again."
Azrael
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Azrael »

Actually, the rampant people being buried alive was found to be a myth, they tested it on Mythbusters, and someone could only last about 20 minutes inside of a coffin when it was sealed.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Actually, the rampant people being buried alive was found to be a myth, they tested it on Mythbusters, and someone could only last about 20 minutes inside of a coffin when it was sealed.
I missed that ep... I can only dream of how they tested that one!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Azrael wrote:Actually, the rampant people being buried alive was found to be a myth, they tested it on Mythbusters, and someone could only last about 20 minutes inside of a coffin when it was sealed.
Doesn't mean they weren't put there alive to begin with ;)