Take the station

Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Take the station

Post by Nickswitz »

Stitch and I thought of this, if we could take a station, have one person be the station, and everyone else be an invading fleet, and the fleet would have to take the station, or destroy it...
Would anyone be interested in doing something like this? at all?
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Take the station

Post by Reliant121 »

It could be fun, but the station would have to fend off multiple targets at once, which could make things complicated when it comes to the math.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

And be powerful enough to do so. A thought though, since half of the trick of targeting his hitting one moving target with another moving target, would a non moving station get a bonus on to hit rolls? It's also obviously be completely unable to evade, it'd suffer some kind of defense penalty.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

This was one of the ideas I had to do next, be interesting to see how you guys plot the game.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

haha, great minds think alike, so I think this could be really fun....
The world ended

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

What station would be used? DS9? Or a Starbase?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Mark wrote:And be powerful enough to do so. A thought though, since half of the trick of targeting his hitting one moving target with another moving target, would a non moving station get a bonus on to hit rolls? It's also obviously be completely unable to evade, it'd suffer some kind of defense penalty.
Actualy, it would probably be the opposite. A stationary target is a sitting duck.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Rochey wrote:
Mark wrote:And be powerful enough to do so. A thought though, since half of the trick of targeting his hitting one moving target with another moving target, would a non moving station get a bonus on to hit rolls? It's also obviously be completely unable to evade, it'd suffer some kind of defense penalty.
Actualy, it would probably be the opposite. A stationary target is a sitting duck.
+2 to hit for the aggressors, and -1 to hit for the base?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The plus for the agressor maybe, but why a neg for the station, its stationary and would be easier to shot from than a moving starship.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Teaos wrote:The plus for the agressor maybe, but why a neg for the station, its stationary and would be easier to shot from than a moving starship.
Sorry, I mean the aggressors would gain a +2 bonus to hit the station, and the station would have a -1 to hit them because they can evade better against a static target. There is precedent; look at Way of the Warrior, and tell me DS9 didn't have -1 to hit, regardless of character buffs.

:P
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah I agree with the agressor getting a bonus. But why does the station get a neg, when we run normla battle moving staships dont get a neg so why would a station? Its easy to shoot from a sitting position than moving.

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Teaos wrote:Yeah I agree with the agressor getting a bonus. But why does the station get a neg, when we run normla battle moving staships dont get a neg so why would a station? Its easy to shoot from a sitting position than moving.
Like I said, look at DS9; maybe Seafort can provide that hilarious link of DS9 firing at the Klingons again. I guess we could assume a bonus or regular rules for SB 74 types.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'd go just for a +2 To Hit bonus for the attacking ships, personaly.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Rochey wrote:I'd go just for a +2 To Hit bonus for the attacking ships, personaly.
Well, seriously, how could you really miss a stationary object the size of a starbase?
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

By being like Mark and getting lots of 3's :poke:
And it would be a station based on how many people are playing, such as with like 10 people playing we could do something like DS9, or with 30 people playing we could do SB74.
The world ended