Book Outline for my novel.

Show us your fanfic, original stories, poems, etc
Jessbird
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Book Outline for my novel.

Post by Jessbird »

Now keep in mind its not as sci fi as the rest of your guys' ideas, but it might be cool to you!!!!

The story is called Temperance. The name of the main character is Temperance lol.

It begins with an attack on an academy by a demon force. The demons are attacking because one of their kind was killed by the humans. The humans and demons have an oral treaty not to cross into each other's land basically. The humans control the west, where the demons control the east. There are two main leaders for the demons, Temperance and Tievel. Temperance takes the northern half, and Tievel takes the south. Both of them are spawn of Adramelech, a badass dude who was thrown under the sea, and imprisoned for eternity, however his sons can still communicate with him. Both Adramelech and Tievel think that Temperance is too weak of a leader so they devise a plan to overthrow him. Tievel stages a murder on their land, making Temperance think it was the humans who invaded. Temperance, unaware responds by threatening to attack the Academy in the west (run by humans.) The reason he wants to attack the Academy is because the headmaster is best friends, and former lover of the emporer of the humans. In number, the demons are inferior to the humans, however if Temperance got his hands on the headmaster he would have proper leverage over the humans.

So, when he invades the academy the headmaster slips away, but they take the only other woman there, (Being the emporers daughter,) and keeps her prisoner until further negotiations. So eventually Temperance and this girl end up liking each other, and the negotiations for her return are shot down, so the emperor wages war to get her back. Meanwhile, Tievel is building up in power and getting ready to summon his father back to the continent, now that the humans and his brother are distracted. So he ends up summoning his father and this huge epic battle goes out, humans v. demons, which is super coooooooool, and I won't ruin the ending.

So just let me know what you think. >.< i'm still working some things out :roll:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Book Outline for my novel.

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sounds like a good setup for a fantasy epic. I've got a fantasy pentology I've been working on for years now, but RL keeps getting in the damn way.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Jessbird
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Jessbird »

That sucks dude, I try to set up time to write, trust me I know how hard it can be. I bet its awesome though!
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

I honestly found it a little confusing to follow. But daemons VS humans is always a recipe for success.
Jessbird
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Jessbird »

Yeah it definately gets confusing...for me especially. I have a notebook of the chapters all outlined, thats the only way I can keep it organized. I admit my description wasn't the best, but it looks alot better in my notebook haha. I'm still trying to write the battle scenarios, those are always the hardest for me. :bangwall:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Jessbird wrote:...I bet its awesome though!
It is, actually. Was kind of hard to tie it into my other stories (sci-fi, horror, etc), but it works into the overall story quite well.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Jessbird
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Jessbird »

It is, actually. Was kind of hard to tie it into my other stories (sci-fi, horror, etc), but it works into the overall story quite well.
you should post it! Unless you already have and I'm missing it haha
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I might post some of my already-copyrighted material at some point.

I need to get back to work. :(
Jessbird
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Jessbird »

Yeah, you should post some here if you get the chance, unless you have. I'm gonna go through this forum and read what ppl have posted. Its amazing how many different ideas there are out there.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Jessbird wrote:...Its amazing how many different ideas there are out there.
The primary reason I come here. :wink:
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Just out of curiosity, why demons? And what kind? Are we talking the fallen angels of biblical myth, or the fugly looking ones we tend to associate with the fantasy genre. And what age is it taking place in? The "past", present, or future?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Tsuk and Jess you should both read my thread about my story.

Jess what kind of writing style you going to use? I think it'd be really powerful if you wrote like it was an epic poem of yesteryear.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sounds like an interesting concept.

Welcome to the site, BTW. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Monroe wrote:Tsuk and Jess you should both read my thread about my story.

Jess what kind of writing style you going to use? I think it'd be really powerful if you wrote like it was an epic poem of yesteryear.
In Old English? :lol:

I was thinking the same thing, but on re-reading your set-up I think it would lend itself to a contemporary, modern style and setting. Something Gibson-ish, maybe; I think the juxtaposition of trad "fantasy" topics with modern styling would lend it a unique, accesible perspective, somewhat like Zelazny.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Mikey wrote:
Monroe wrote:Tsuk and Jess you should both read my thread about my story.

In Old English? :lol:

I was thinking the same thing, but on re-reading your set-up I think it would lend itself to a contemporary, modern style and setting. Something Gibson-ish, maybe; I think the juxtaposition of trad "fantasy" topics with modern styling would lend it a unique, accesible perspective, somewhat like Zelazny.
lol not Old English something like.. well read the Aneid that's what I'm thinking of, the modern translation.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-