What IF: Ransom's Aliens

Voyager
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

What IF: Ransom's Aliens

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

What if Ransom had made it home, alien attacks and all, and the aliens became hostile toward Starfleet as a whole? In "Equinox," Voyager was able to communicate with them, but with the key to doing so on the other side of the galaxy, Starfleet would have no way to do so.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: What IF: Ransom's Aliens

Post by Teaos »

Well there is no reason to assue the Federation couldnt find another way to chat with them.

And maybe the Aliens would be content once the Equinox crew were all dead.

But if it did just come down to fighting... I'd imagin the Federation with all its power and scientists and technobabble could find a way to fight them or subdue them on mass.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The Feds would figure out how to talk to them soon enough.
They would then refuse to give Ransom and his crew up to what would be certain death, I believe. As such, war would break out.
Feds eventualy win through the power of technobabble.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

We don't even know the numbers of the aliens.
They may have so many, that when Ransom got back to Earth, they would attack every human in the Galaxy. And Starfleet would not be ready for such an attack.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

We may be attributing wither too much or too little intelligence to these aliens. They were convinced to forego any attack on Voyager. There is no reason to believe that they couldn't be convinced, or already weren't, that Ransom's actions were confined to the Equinox specifically, and not representative of or even related to the rest of Starfleet.

If Starfleet did decide to harbor and defend Ransom, surely his intimate knowledge of the aliens would facilitate a defense.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

How hard would it really be for the Federation to figure out a way to keep those aliens from crossing over to our dimension? Would be nearly impossible for one, lone, small, already damaged starship, but even a ship the size of the E-D would most likely have figured out how to defend against them, or seal them up on there side. I think to much is attributed to these aliens.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Nah, the E-D would've exploded as soon as one of the aliens brushed a console. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Nah, the E-D would've exploded as soon as one of the aliens brushed a console. :wink:
Or it would have birthed a plasma conduit baby who went on to mate with the aliens, showing them the super-awesomenss of humanity...

Fuck, maybe I shouldn't post with so little sleep.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

:shock:
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:Nah, the E-D would've exploded as soon as one of the aliens brushed a console. :wink:
Or it would have birthed a plasma conduit baby who went on to mate with the aliens, showing them the super-awesomenss of humanity...

f**k, maybe I shouldn't post with so little sleep.
No, that's perfectly reasonable in the 'Trek universe. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Where the conciousness of the Enterprise (rembember when they said the ship was becoming self aware?) could then transfer, to live on forever in said new life form.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Stop giving the writers ideas, damnit!
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Those aren't ideas for the writers. They may be crazy enough, but they have resolution. :P
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mark wrote:Where the conciousness of the Enterprise (rembember when they said the ship was becoming self aware?) could then transfer, to live on forever in said new life form.
Yeah that was an actual episode, the E-D had a baby, of sorts. Built it in a cargo bay.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

What the frack? :wtf:
I must have missed that one.