Main site idea

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Main site idea

Post by Teaos »

While I was looking at ships on the main site I thought of an feature you could add in the future.

For the main class of ships like the Intrepid, Sov, Galaxy ect you could add a high def image of the class from the 6 main points of view, top, side, back ect and have the ability to zoom in to examine the picture closer.

I got the idea looking at the high res image Lemon Wolf posted in the design forum.

I'm not sure where or how you could achive it but it would be a cool feature and allow people to examine the hull up close and see things like weapons implacements.

Probably a lot of work but even just doing it for one ship to start with or getting members of the forum who are good with images to help.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Main site idea

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That would be a pretty cool idea, I think.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

It would be lovely if I had high def images like that for every ship class on the site. I don't, and as far as I know nobody does.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

It would probably eat a ton of space, too.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Not to mention the difficulty there'd probably be in doing it.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

I have 3-D CGI models of a bunch of ships, which is even better since I can rotate them at any angle I wish about all three axes. Of course, I have no expectation that this could be implemented here, either...
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Would be cool though.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, but I doubt it'll be happening anytime soon. A pity.

And that has to be at least the third time you've changed your avatar today.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Five. And I'm done for the day due to the fact that I've appeared to annoyed Seafort.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

What about an addition that would show the 3 most recent forum topics on the main page?
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

What about having a link to the forum registration page?
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

We already have a link to the forum, from where you can get to the registration page, so I don't really see the need to link directly to the registration page. Besides, most possible members would probably check out the forum first, rather than just jumping straight in.

Though I think the idea of having a few of the most recent topics, with links to them, displayed on the main page. That would alllow people who aren't members to see what we're debating, which might incite them to jump in.
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

Thats what I was thinking.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Good ideas for the interweb should naturally come from a machine mind. :D
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Exactly. :P