Just started Dr. Who

colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Re: Just started Dr. Who

Post by colmquinn »

Mikey wrote:I I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I always liked scarf-boy.
Tom Baker is my favourite followed by Pertwee, Tom Baker played the character in his own humerous way but still had lots of intense moments too. Loved the Genisis of the Dalek moment where he has to decide whether he should set off the bomb or not.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mikey wrote:I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I always liked scarf-boy.
Tom Baker was good, but not as good as McCoy - there's a whole host of great episodes from those last couple of years.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Mikey wrote:I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I always liked scarf-boy.
Tom Baker was good, but not as good as McCoy - there's a whole host of great episodes from those last couple of years.
...and the rubber wagon is coming to take you away. Seriously, he was the doctor when they had the 'Licorice all-sorts man' episode(s). I think that just about killed Dr Who back then.
email, ergo spam
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

IanKennedy wrote:Seriously, he was the doctor when they had the 'Licorice all-sorts man' episode(s). I think that just about killed Dr Who back then.
"Battlefield", "Remembrance of the Daleks", "The Curse of Fenric", "Survival". Great episodes all. Even "The Happiness Patrol" had its moments - the Candyman and the like may have looked daft, but just beneath the surface that serial was one of the darkest in the programme's history.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Captain Seafort wrote:
IanKennedy wrote:Seriously, he was the doctor when they had the 'Licorice all-sorts man' episode(s). I think that just about killed Dr Who back then.
"Battlefield", "Remembrance of the Daleks", "The Curse of Fenric", "Survival". Great episodes all. Even "The Happiness Patrol" had its moments - the Candyman and the like may have looked daft, but just beneath the surface that serial was one of the darkest in the programme's history.
I'm sorry, but that was just too silly to watch. I stopped watching Who because of that episode...
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Mikey wrote:I know squat about the new series, but agreed with Kendall on "Genesis of the Daleks." I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I always liked scarf-boy.
Tom Baker's my favorite Doctor. Then again, I'm a Four/Romana II 'shipper.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Just started season 3, boy am I just zipping through these. That whole Rose thing was really sad. I'm surprised I havent' seen her in more I thought she was a good actress.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Monroe wrote:Just started season 3, boy am I just zipping through these. That whole Rose thing was really sad. I'm surprised I havent' seen her in more I thought she was a good actress.
She's in Secret Diary of a Call Girl, excellent show. Plus she's in her knickers alot.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Monroe wrote:Just started season 3,
1. First Doctor, played by William Hartnell (1963-1966)
2. Second Doctor, played by Patrick Troughton (1966-1969)
3. Third Doctor, played by Jon Pertwee (1970-1974)
4. Fourth Doctor, played by Tom Baker (1974-1981)
5. Fifth Doctor, played by Peter Davison (1981-1984)
6. Sixth Doctor, played by Colin Baker (1984-1986)
7. Seventh Doctor, played by Sylvester McCoy (1987-1989, 1996)
8. Eighth Doctor, played by Paul McGann (1996)
9. Ninth Doctor, played by Christopher Eccleston (2005)
10. Tenth Doctor, played by David Tennant (2005-) [15]
[/quote]

When you say season 3 you mean Tennant series, which I think by rights should be around series 30 if you include all the old stuff too. Sorry for be'in a pedantic git but history must not be forgotten.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

So Dr. Who include the earlier shows as part of their universe? Also I noticed that there's not just a Torchwood series (which I watched one episode of looks really dull even if they have Captain Jack), there's a Torchwood Declassified, and a Dr. Who Confidential. Where do those series fit into its universe?
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Torchwood runs along with the DW universe. Captain Jack basicaly restarts the Torchwood Institute in Cardiff. They exist in the same universe, and interact once or twice.
Be advised; season 1 of TW sucks. Season 2 is better, though still not great. I'm living in the optimistic hope that Season 3 might actualy be good.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Really? It gets better? Because I was turned off after 1 or 2 S1 eps of Torchwood.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, keep in mind that "better" is somewhat of a relative term.
At least they don't end up causing most of their own problems in S2.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

colmquinn wrote: When you say season 3 you mean Tennant series, which I think by rights should be around series 30 if you include all the old stuff too. Sorry for be'in a pedantic git but history must not be forgotten.
Well it a cross between reinvisiond and a restart. And it's officially season 3 there. Not season 30 or whatever.

I really wonder how they're bringing a massive invasion of Daleks next week. At least that's what it looks like from the previews. I thought there was only the one left.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Who has a long history of destroying every last Dalek... and then having them pop up from some convenient plot hole later on.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...