Double/Triple Post Issues

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Double/Triple Post Issues

Post by Aaron »

I've been getting a double and sometimes triple post issue and I notice Rochey has as well. For myself it happens when I submit a post and then I get a white Firefox screen with "done" on the bottom and I have to refresh a couple of times to get the post up.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Maybe if you didnt refresh but instead just retyped the web address.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Teaos wrote:Maybe if you didnt refresh but instead just retyped the web address.
Maybe.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The problem I get is that when I click on 'submit' it sometimes comes up "cannot display this page" or something to that effect. I've experimented around and found no way to avoid double posting. If I just go out of the site, close the page, or type in the web adress again the post doesn't come up at all. The only way I can actualy post the message is by clicking 'back' and 'submit' again, which results in double/tripple posts.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Ah I've had that happen to me. I usually just leave that page and dont resubmit. It takes a few minutes for it to show up. Sometimes it doesnt show as a new post like other do but if you view the thread its there.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I've tried that as well, but it still fails to show up. :?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Hmm well it usally works for me but I use IE so maybe that changes things.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I get the same issue as Rochey occasionally (I use Explorer) but generally just go back and check, and delete the extra post(s) if necessary.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Rochey wrote:The problem I get is that when I click on 'submit' it sometimes comes up "cannot display this page" or something to that effect. I've experimented around and found no way to avoid double posting. If I just go out of the site, close the page, or type in the web adress again the post doesn't come up at all. The only way I can actualy post the message is by clicking 'back' and 'submit' again, which results in double/tripple posts.
This is what you do. (This happens to me too, and I noticed you've had more double posting probs than me.) If you get the "cannot display" page, go back and control-C all of what you've typed. Then go back and look in the forum. Most of the time, what you submitted did indeed actually go up. In case it didn't, you have the post copied to your clipboard if you need to re-post it.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Okay, thanks. I'll give that a try next time.