Nitfixes

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

More of a factual error than typo: the description given for the TNG episode "Masks" is "Data becomes the ultimate schizophrenic." In fact, what Data developed was akin to Multiple Personality Disorder, an entirely separate disorder than Schizophrenia (and a highly controversial diagnosis, as not everyone is convinced there is such a thing as MPD). I know this because I know someone who is schizophrenic.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

CPH is absolutely correct. Schizophrenia is a psychosis; MPD, or a "schizoid" patient as it used to be called, is a personality disorder.

However, this is relating to a review of a Star Trek episode, not the DSM IV manual (or whatever number DSM they're using nowadays.) If someone is learning their abnormal psychology curriculum from ditl.org, they've got bigger problems than a misdiagnosis.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Yes, however, many people misunderstand these diseases and any time this common mistake is repeated, it perpetuates the misconception.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Mikey wrote:CPH is absolutely correct. Schizophrenia is a psychosis; MPD, or a "schizoid" patient as it used to be called, is a personality disorder.
Confusing things further, there's "Schiziod Personality Disorder," which means something different yet from either MPD or Schizophrenia. :!:
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

The Klingon D5 Class Cruiser Right Up appears to be a copy-paste of the Tanker Entry, complete with the mention of fuel containers and internal rearrangement.

Also on the DY-100 Class page you list the Woden as a member of this Class but in the notes you say "The DY-100 model was re-used in "The Ultimate Computer" as the freighter Woden. I have assumed that this ship was not in fact a DY-100 (it was never specifically stated as such), but is rather a look-alike design. This is mostly because it seems silly that a sub-warp vessel would be used as an interstellar freighter in TOS times." Not sure if this is intentional or just an oversight.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Maybe the class was refit with warp drive?

BTW - welcome! Love your sig!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Another slight nit.

In the review of the DS9 episode In Purgatory's Shadow, theres a quote from Odo and Garak thats from another episode.
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

"I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will--and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."

Roddenbery did not say this. He said this:

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes."

and this:

"Its seems to me -- it's likely that heaven's here right now. If you could take life with its pain and misery, where you fail and you sometimes win, and if you package it into a game, people would pay a fortune to have this game. And I don't know that I'd want it to be resolved so peacefully that the game would be all over."

This is for the article "Religion In Trek". I got the quotes from: Positive Atheism Quotes
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I think I just spotted a small typo in the random quote displayer on the main page:
"What if she gets hurt? What are you going to do then, program up a holodraphic doctor?" - Trip to Ezral.
ENT : Oasis

I assume it's meant to be 'holographic'?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
johnsmith
Crewman
Crewman

Post by johnsmith »

On the spacedock entry, it says the project was approved in 2363, and completed in 2274. Should it not be 2263?
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Captive Pursuit

Post by KuvahMagh »

In the review for DS9 Season 1 Captive Pursuit you say in the YATI:

At the end of the peisode, O'Brien offers to walk the Hunter and Tosk off the station. Since the Hunter's ship was never actually docked to the station, where exactly is O'Brien taking them?

The dialogue indicates that he was taking them to a transporter not to a ship so there is no inconsistency.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I was looking through the site and saw that on the Shelley Class page, the title is spelled "Shellley Class" (bolded error).
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

On the Promethius page, it does not have an entry for the speed it its strength indeces.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

In the Vulcon images section, Silik is there.