Torchwood S2 finale: Exit Wounds

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Torchwood S2 finale: Exit Wounds

Post by Captain Seafort »

Starts in about 15 minutes. Can they maintain the general improved quality over series 1?

Oh, and Spike's back. :)
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Started 15 minutes ago.

And its goooooood :)
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Wow, two down? I was not expecting that. :shock:
Jack's brother being virtualy insane was pretty good, and having half the city fall into chaos was pretty well done. Both deaths were also very well done, I think, and it was quite fitting that the two of them died together.

My only problem is with the nuclear reactor going into meltdown because it lost all power, and the fact that it's designed to vent radiation into the control room. I mean, who the hell designed that?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Rochey wrote:My only problem is with the nuclear reactor going into meltdown because it lost all power, and the fact that it's designed to vent radiation into the control room. I mean, who the hell designed that?
Indeed - they were trying to get an emotional end for those two, and didn't think it through properly. Well-designed reactors are set up so a power failure releases electromagnets holding up the control rods, causing them to drop into the reactor and scram it. It looks like Cardiff's nuclear reactor was designed by Leah Brahms. :wink:

Other than that point, the episode was extremely well put together. It didn't have the "epic" feel of the DW finales, or of last year's TW finale, but it was well thought-out, well written, and packed an emotional punch that Jack's "death" in "End of Days" didn't.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I wasn't too pushed with Season One's finale. They spent all the series building up the threat of this massive monster that gets killed in five minutes.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Was rather gutted about Hoshi though. Really came out of nowhere, and it did look like she might pull through. For once I was kind of hoping they'd take the cowards way out and let her live.

And even the Gwen haters have to admit she acted incredibly in this episode, as did the rest of them.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Wasn't Cardiff's nuclear reactor designed by the woman from Raxacoricofallapatorius? (or however it's spelled) Wasn't the whole point to design an unsafe reactor?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Oh, yeah. But I thought that reactor was called Fenris Ulf, or something similar? The name of this one was Turnsmore or something.
*shrug* Still, it would explain it.
Jabber Swarky
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Jabber Swarky »

Hehe. We spent ages picking holes in that episode right after it aired, it was good fun. Most of it was over the completley unsafe reactor, but, umm, i guess that makes sense.

Though that doesnt explain the fact that every hospital has backup capacitors so they can keep going, as do the power plants =p

Also.... i get that it was because jack was the only one able to controll him, but why was the OTHER agent Harkeness (cant spell) a Captain? Who assigns a Captain with a Captain? Doesnt that create a chain of command issue, there? O_o

And why, when Jack's bother threateaned to detonate the bomb on that guys arm... he was standing RIGHT NEXT to him.. why didnt he just stick him in a headlock and see how eager he'd be to detonate it then? =P
"Theres allways the March Hare... he's mad too, of course. Most people around here are. You may have noticed im not all there myself..."