Torchwood: ep 2x03

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Torchwood: ep 2x03

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Starting in ten minutes, people. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Meh. Not great, but not terrible either.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

By most standards, true, but by Torchwood standards definitely one of their better episodes. We now have two consecutive episodes when they neither caused the problem nor demonstrated gross stupidity while trying to solve it.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, they acted fairly competantly throughout the whole episode for once.
Two good episodes in a row, are things looking up for Torchwood?
Enkidu
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Enkidu »

" Two good episodes in a row, are things looking up for Torchwood?"

ITV's Porchhood, AKA Primeval, seems to be getting steadily crapper in the 3 episodes so far of it's second series. It shocked me in it's first series for not only been better than Torchwood, but actully been quite watchable. Now it is as bad as I thought it would be during it's first series. Coincidence or conspiracy? :dinokill:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That would be the universal Laws of Crap at work.

Simply put, this law states that whenever something increases in quality, another thing must decrease in quality a similar amount. This helps ensure the Good/Crap forces of the universe is always kept in balance.
Enkidu
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Enkidu »

So next time I watch a program, and realize it's jumped the shark, I should instead think "somewhere a new, good, program is born". Quite a reassuring thought, really.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Not a bad episode, but a frozen guy that Toshiko is involved with seems like one of those things that should have been mentioned before.

That said, it was a great character driven episode, a nice change from all the sex, blood and gore.

Am looking forward to next weeks episode, if only for the line - "Aliens? In Cardiff"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

So next time I watch a program, and realize it's jumped the shark, I should instead think "somewhere a new, good, program is born". Quite a reassuring thought, really.
Hey, it's what keeps me going when shows get worse and worse. :)