Utter shite
No votes

Total votes: 4
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

DW 31x11: The Lodger

Post by Captain Seafort »

Starts at 1845 BST. This one sounds a bit weird - the paper describes it as a cross between sci-fi and sitcom. Could be good, could be something considerably worse. We'll see.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Re: DW 31x11: The Lodger

Post by kostmayer »

Another one that'll divide opinions I think.

I hated it. Wasn't even any Amy Pond leggy goodness to enjoy.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Captain Seafort wrote:Starts at 1845 BST. This one sounds a bit weird - the paper describes it as a cross between sci-fi and sitcom. Could be good, could be something considerably worse. We'll see.
What was the alternate title- "Are you being exterminated?"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Strange episode. I liked a lot of it - who knew the Doc could play football?

But it was oddly structured. Amy was in the TARDIS for the whole episode, with virtually no interaction between her and the Doctor. It seemed like they wanted her to film her scenes fast and go off to do something else. Oddly enough she did most of the Who Confidential this week, too, with no sign of the Doc.

And the ep felt... cheap. Not in a bad way, especially, but it all took place in three or four locations, most indoors, and all were standard places like a flat, an office, etc. No CGI monster running around, no FX or big sets until the last scene. I wonder if they rushed this one out on the cheap and quick so as to devote more time to next week.

And somebody was building a TARDIS? Who but the Time Lords can even come remotely close to building a TARDIS?! Whoever these people were they have or were close to the "bigger on the inside" technology, and the time/space travel technology, maybe the chameleon thing too. Weird.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I enjoyed it. Not one of the best, but still a solid episode. I'm really curious about who built the TARDIS-style ship, though.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Did the dalek not have those dome shaped controls on their ships in the past? (You know the white globe thingy the ships comp was trying to get people to touch)
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hmm, you're right.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"