Ship of the week: Nebula-class Star Destroyer

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Ship of the week: Nebula-class Star Destroyer

Post by Captain Seafort »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:Its got 60 starfighters, how is that half the compliment of an ISD which has 72?
The article wrote:The ships could carry up to sixty starfighters and shuttles, normally including one wing of three fighter squadrons, plus support ships.
An ISD has dozens of support ships in addition to it's fighters. The Neb only has 60 support ships including fighters.
And how are the weapons pretty poor? We have 40 heavy turbolaser batteries, 40 turbolaser cannons, concussion missiles? It has a total of 80 heavy weapons to go up against an ISD's.
I very much doubt that refers to the heavy weapons. The ISD is frequently stated to have 120 heavy weapons emplacements, which it obviously doesn't, so the numbers are either flat-out wrong, or they refer to it's more numerous light weapons, with the term "heavy" being relative. Looking at the image, it seems to have four heavy triple turrets, probably the equivalent of the ISD I's twins and the ISD II's octuples. There are also three smaller twin turrets per brim trench, and a fourth on the fantail, per side. Finally, there's a heavy twin turret on the centreline. Of these weapons, only two of the heavy triples, the brim guns, and the centreline turret can bear forward, compared with the ISD I's six heavy twin turbolasers and two medium quad turbolasers, and the ISD II's eight octuple heavy turbolasers.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.