Helping Chekov in STIV

The Original Series
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Helping Chekov in STIV

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Spock said it wasn't the logical thing to do, but the human thing to do. It's a touching line, no doubt, but there is a logical reason to do it: the possibility of contaminating the timeline if Chekov were left behind. Chekov wasn't "expected to survive," but that's not the same as dead. Of course, the movie didn't generally seem to give much thought to contamination of the past, McCoy's one line aside. Admittedly, this does better fit the 23rd century "cowboy" era than the Voyager era caution.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Incidentally, "You mean I'd have to die to discus your insights on death" is one of my favorite lines. :lol:
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Grundig
Commander
Commander

Post by Grundig »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:Incidentally, "You mean I'd have to die to discus your insights on death" is one of my favorite lines. :lol:
Mine too. There are many great lines in this movie. I love the scene in the Golden Gate Park with the garbage men, even though they're inexplicably from New York.
Weyoun the Dancing Borg
Petty officer second class
Petty officer second class

Post by Weyoun the Dancing Borg »

heh I prefer the next line

"forgive me, doctor, I'm receiving a number of distress calls."

"I don't doubt it."

When i first saw the film I was... 7, 8 (when it was on TV). When I finally realised what he meant, I cracked up laughing on a re-run.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

"My god man, drilling holes in his head is not the answer"

"Sounds like the goddam Spanish Inquisition"

Ah, this should really all be in the greatest Trek moments thread.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Then go and submit them there. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Then there's Chekov's interrogation scene.

"The top of what?"
"Name."
"My name?"
"No, MY name!"
"I do not know your name!"
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

kostmayer wrote:"My god man, drilling holes in his head is not the answer"
"What's your degree in? Dentistry?"
Grundig
Commander
Commander

Post by Grundig »

It took me forever to figure out why the cop didn't tell the Russian how to get to the Nuclear Wessels.

Chekov is great in this movie.