One more year...

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

One more year...

Post by Mikey »

...until Sonic Glitch can, just like Mikey and the Hawthorne Caballeros once did, drink the Reading Days Inn out of beer. And they couldn't resupply next day, because of Pennsylvania's idiotic dry Sunday laws...

*ahem* anyway,
Congratulations to: Sonic Glitch (20)
Happy Birthday, Sonic!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: One more year...

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mikey wrote:...until Sonic Glitch can, just like Mikey and the Hawthorne Caballeros once did, drink the Reading Days Inn out of beer. And they couldn't resupply next day, because of Pennsylvania's idiotic dry Sunday laws...

*ahem* anyway,
Congratulations to: Sonic Glitch (20)
Happy Birthday, Sonic!
:lol: Thank you. As a matter of cosmic history coincidence, I'm actually heading to the Caballeros home show tomorrow. Spending the weekend camping in Jersey w/ some other members of the fraternity.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Happy Birthday
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Sonic Glitch wrote:Thank you. As a matter of cosmic history coincidence, I'm actually heading to the Caballeros home show tomorrow. Spending the weekend camping in Jersey w/ some other members of the fraternity.
Nice. Even though they're not the top of the DCA class anymore, there's still something about seeing them in a single line and marching to the sideline at half-time playing Rumps.
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Happy birthday, Sonic. 20 is a weird year: you aren't a teen anymore, but you still can't drink either. "Am I an adult or not!?" :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Happy Birthday :)
Bite my shiny metal ass
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Tsukiyumi wrote:20 is a weird year: you aren't a teen anymore, but you still can't drink either.
:UK: : 1
:US: : 0

:cheers:

Happy birthday Sonic.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote: :UK: : 1
:US: : 0
I take it, then, that you're not counting that little inconvenience in the late 18th century?
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

We don't need an Empire when we can have legal drinks :D
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Mikey wrote:I take it, then, that you're not counting that little inconvenience in the late 18th century?
Tsu's point proves beyond any shadow of doubt that you lost that one. :P
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Mikey wrote:I take it, then, that you're not counting that little inconvenience in the late 18th century?
Tsu's point proves beyond any shadow of doubt that you lost that one. :P
IDK, I just checked in my wallet and it doesn't appear that any of our currency has a picture of HRH on it.
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Neither do we. Besides, whose face is on the money is utterly irrelevant to the matter at hand
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:Neither do we. Besides, whose face is on the money is utterly irrelevant to the matter at hand
Maybe not literally, but figuratively it's a statement of to whom we are or aren't subject. Namely, we're not subject to you any longer. Therefore, your scorecard is a bit out of whack. This, interestingly enough, is why we can call football "football" without worrying whether or not it is the same as the game which you call "football." See, when we had that little Revolution, we won. We can call the sport "your mom's hairy ass" if we wanted, except:
a) the etymology would be a bitch; and
b) the name's already taken by a yard game.
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Mikey wrote:Maybe not literally, but figuratively it's a statement of to whom we are or aren't subject. Namely, we're not subject to you any longer. Therefore, your scorecard is a bit out of whack.
And yet, as this discussion proves, you lost out because of it. Ergo, Us: 1, You: 0.
This, interestingly enough, is why we can call football "football" without worrying whether or not it is the same as the game which you call "football."
Or, for that matter, whether foot and ball ever come into contact.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:And yet, as this discussion proves, you lost out because of it. Ergo, Us: 1, You: 0.
Hmm... higher drinking age vs. being subject to you guys... yeah, I think I'll call what we got a "win." I'd gladly accept the drinking age if it means avoiding things like black pudding, "bubble and squeak," and Graham Norton.
Captain Seafort wrote:Or, for that matter, whether foot and ball ever come into contact.
See above. We could have called it "screw the limeys" if we wanted.

As to the first point, I have a serious question: a Scottish market and restaurant recently opened in the next town over. Now, I will not eat haggis - I don't much care for any mutton- or lamb-derived foods in any case, and the idea of an artificial sheep's stomach (as are commonly used in haggis nowadays) seems somehow less appealing than a natural one. Any other suggestions for what to try?
as Bull offed Custer