I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Still, cats are smarter. You won't ever get 8 cats to pull a sled in the middle of the winter.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Unless they are mousers, cats are useless.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

cats are capricious and fickle, loyalty counts and i'm a dog fan
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Shran wrote:Still, cats are smarter. You won't ever get 8 cats to pull a sled in the middle of the winter.
That's not smarter, that's just not being bred for that purpose. Although, even breeding a 60 - 80 lb. "sled cat" would probably be useless, because they're just too damn lazy.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I like both.
I used to own a cat. But then I got a dog.

As for inteligence, you can train both animals to do mostly the same things. The answer isn't that simple.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Rochey wrote:I like both.
I used to own a cat. But then I got a dog.

As for inteligence, you can train both animals to do mostly the same things. The answer isn't that simple.
Pomeranian =)

And 2222 posts, Rochey. Sweet.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I like both cats and dogs equally. I've had both, and loved both. I think the idea that you have to like one or the other better is silly.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Vampire Pomeranian ala Blade Trinity :D
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I vote dog.

Dogs have masters, cats have slaves.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Bryan Moore wrote:Pomeranian =)
Really? A big tough guy like you has a rat-dog?
as Bull offed Custer
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Mikey wrote:
Bryan Moore wrote:Pomeranian =)
Really? A big tough guy like you has a rat-dog?
Do'nt have one, am buying one. I just find them irresistably cute.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

dude, you're more musclebound, than the spokesman for gamma radiation,you need an akita
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I never much cared for any dogs that could be carried in a woman's purse, but to each his own, I guess. As far as breed - I've never owned a blooded dog myself. We adopt from the local animal shelter; my current dog, Simms, is an unholy mix of G-d-knows-what, but he picked us out while we were walking through the kennel at the shelter. Sweet as sugar, loves my daughter, but shows obvious signs of having been physically abused and then was found abandoned.

Whether your preference is for cats or dogs, I urge everyone interested in pet ownership to consider adopting a shelter animal. Every animal that leaves a shelter and goes to a good home is not only an animal that's been rescued, but a burden off the shoulders of the people who are trying to do good - many shelters are no-kill now, and each new animal is an extra space and resource drain. Besides, mutts live longer, have less congenital defects, and tend to be a little smarter.
as Bull offed Custer
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Granitehewer wrote:dude, you're more musclebound, than the spokesman for gamma radiation,you need an akita
My cousin has an Akita. It's a really cool dog, but still pisses everywhere. Their last 2 did that too. Apparently part of the problem with that breed.

And despite the fact that I have a little bit of muscle (and due to my lack of any time in the gym in the last 6 weeks, its decreasing quickly), I'm not exactly the epitome of masculinity as far as a lot of things go. I'd rather be in a pair of Gucci loafers and Italian cotton dress shirt than in my gym clothes. Half of my students insist I'm gay, the other half are probably not sure either way (if only they knew of my knack for promiscuity). But truthfully, if it wasn't for my size, I'd likely be getting the shit beat out of me regularly for being a pretty boy.