If the Dominon had won...

Deep Space Nine
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

If the Dominon had won...

Post by Monroe »

I was thinking wouldn't that have made a great setup for a future series? The Federation under occupation and a captain with a stereotypical drinking problem must lead a stereotypical ragtag group of stereotypes from the Federation, Romulans, Klingons, Cardasians, Ferengi,etc, to close to DS9 wormhole permanently and free the AQ and BQ of Dominion occupation?

Granted the last episode of DS9 would have been vastly different and so would have been the movies that came out afterwards and VOY would have had a huge disappointment when they came home :P And the method of their coming home would have had to be different. But now THAT would be an awesome series / storyline.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: If the Dominon had won...

Post by Deepcrush »

Closing the Wormhole would be meaningless. The Profits already blocked the Dominion from sending ships through. Anything the Dominion produces would be produced in the AQ. Also remember there won't be any Founders left alive either.

If the Dominion had won the war then they would have continued to breed troops and build ships from inside the CU. The Cardassians would have been little more then second class. The Breen may have stayed in good standing due to how loyal they seemed even in the end.

Earth, Kronos and Romulas would have been razed. Maybe not Earth as Dukat seemed to have something special in mind.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Deepcrush wrote:...Maybe not Earth as Dukat seemed to have something special in mind.
Slavery would be my guess.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Yeah they'd want to humiliate, not destroy.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Deepcrush wrote:Closing the Wormhole would be meaningless. The Profits already blocked the Dominion from sending ships through. Anything the Dominion produces would be produced in the AQ. Also remember there won't be any Founders left alive either.

If the Dominion had won the war then they would have continued to breed troops and build ships from inside the CU. The Cardassians would have been little more then second class. The Breen may have stayed in good standing due to how loyal they seemed even in the end.

Earth, Kronos and Romulas would have been razed. Maybe not Earth as Dukat seemed to have something special in mind.
Well I suppose if the Dominion had turned the war around they might have solved the problem with the Prophets and the virus. If they had won the last episode of DS9 it would have been a few more years for them to turn around the war right? I never really watched DS9 so I don't know all the details but it wasn't a make or break battle for both sides. If the Feds had lost the battle they wouldn't have surrendered like the Dominion did. So if the Dominion had won the battle we would have needed a few more years for the war to come to a close with a Dominion victory so they might have fixed the wormhole and the virus problems.
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The founders were about dead at the end of DS9. Thats why Odo had to rush back as quickly as he did. Also, you can't 'fix' the wormhole. There is a race as powerful as the Q living there saying "no dominion ships". Neither of those problems can be fixed. If the Dominion wins, then the founders die, the Vorta take over and the Dominion becomes two half split up by about 70 years of warp 9 travel.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Ah so the change in the battle would have had to come earlier. Say if the Prophets never could be convinced to help the Federation and stayed neutral?

Ah well thread isn't about how the Dominion could have won its about what would happen after.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Given the Founders' extreme xenophobia, I could see mass genocide taking place. I'd guess that certain races which could be engineered to serve a useful purpose for the Dominion would be Vorta-fied, but definitely a lot of UFP species would be culled.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Well, if they had taken the fight straight to the KE as soon as the CU joined they could have knocked the KDF out of the war. This would have left only the UFP. There is a chance that this could have worked for them enough to win the DW.

As such, they would have done mostly as others have stated. Though the Founders had been infected years before so their deaths were just a matter of time. "If the Dominion had won" then we would have seen the Klingon race decimated and maybe even the Human's at the same time. Shortly later, a year or two down the road, the Founders die off. Then there are any number of things that could happen as the Vorta would take control of the Dominion.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Seems to me a couple of the Dominions sneak tactics backfired on them. Sorry if these have been posted before.

First, they tricked Odo into thinking Gowron was a founder, hoping the Federation would take him out. Instead, they took out the real founder who was doing considerable damage. This also helped pave the way for ceasing hostilities between the Federation and the Klingons.

Second, they tried to blow up the Bajoran sun, and take out a Federation and Klingon fleet - instead the Federation and Klingons became allies again, and even the Romulans took a stand against the Dominion.

Taking over Cardassia was a good start, if the Dominion had acted just a little quicker to secure DS9 before the wormhole was mined, I reckon they would have won easily.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Mr. P.N. Guin
Petty officer third class
Petty officer third class

Post by Mr. P.N. Guin »

If the Dominion had won we'd have it made.
I'd probably run for President of the Dominion state.
The day Weyoun passed away would be a national holiday.
If the Dominion won we'd have had it made.
:partyparty:
Some days, you just can't git rid of a bomb.
-BATMAN
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

kostmayer wrote:First, they tricked Odo into thinking Gowron was a founder, hoping the Federation would take him out. Instead, they took out the real founder who was doing considerable damage. This also helped pave the way for ceasing hostilities between the Federation and the Klingons.
Agreed.
Second, they tried to blow up the Bajoran sun, and take out a Federation and Klingon fleet - instead the Federation and Klingons became allies again, and even the Romulans took a stand against the Dominion.
The Romulans also came. Had the founder been successful then the RSE would have entered at the beginning of the war. In fact, failing to destroy the star saved the Dominion from a sweeping defeat.

Taking over Cardassia was a good start, if the Dominion had acted just a little quicker to secure DS9 before the wormhole was mined, I reckon they would have won easily.
Agreed, it should have been done at the same time as the CU joined the Dominion.
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

The dominion somehow won the war but the founders are already infected and they die. With the founders dead, could the vorta control the jemhadar and hence dominion? Of course they have the kw but the jemhadar´s loyalty is for the founders not the vorta so they could decide the vorta are not worthy to take the lead and rise against them. Maybe the vorta could hide the founders extintion as long as possible till they find a way to deffinily control the jemys.
Not necessarily all the vorta or jemhadar would be on the same side, i think probably a civil war could happend.

What could happend if Odo is the only surviving shapeshifter? Maybe some vortas and jemys (or most of them) would want to follow his lead. Again, civil war?

There is alot that depends on the wormhole´s situation, it is open or close?
Most of the allied fleet is lost but how many ships, bases and personnel survived to form a resistance, maybe like a gerrilla war. Even after the defeat of UFP, KE and RSE there is some other powers that would probably opose the dominion, of course the alliance is formed by the most powerfull (AFAWK) but there are others and the remaining allied ships and personnel could join them.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

SomosFuga wrote:The dominion somehow won the war but the founders are already infected and they die. With the founders dead, could the vorta control the jemhadar and hence dominion? Of course they have the kw but the jemhadar´s loyalty is for the founders not the vorta so they could decide the vorta are not worthy to take the lead and rise against them. Maybe the vorta could hide the founders extintion as long as possible till they find a way to deffinily control the jemys.
Not necessarily all the vorta or jemhadar would be on the same side, i think probably a civil war could happend.

What could happend if Odo is the only surviving shapeshifter? Maybe some vortas and jemys (or most of them) would want to follow his lead. Again, civil war?

Most of the allied fleet is lost but how many ships, bases and personnel survived to form a resistance, maybe like a gerrilla war. Even after the defeat of UFP, KE and RSE there is some other powers that would probably opose the dominion, of course the alliance is formed by the most powerfull (AFAWK) but there are others and the remaining allied ships and personnel could join them.
I'm partial to this theory...
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Bryan Moore wrote:
SomosFuga wrote:The dominion somehow won the war but the founders are already infected and they die. With the founders dead, could the vorta control the jemhadar and hence dominion? Of course they have the kw but the jemhadar´s loyalty is for the founders not the vorta so they could decide the vorta are not worthy to take the lead and rise against them. Maybe the vorta could hide the founders extintion as long as possible till they find a way to deffinily control the jemys.

I'm partial to this theory...
Yeah I think it would have made an awesome new series. Rebellion, over throwning of the Dominion and a new stronger Starfleet. Maybe with the Klingons and Romulans in it.

-Remain Star Trek-