Guinan

The Next Generation
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Guinan

Post by Thorin »

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on her?
I've wondered what business she's had with the Q - possibly she is a part of the Q Continuum (not necessarily a Q)?
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

I reckon she is a Q in disguise, but one that abides by some sort of rules: the Q might have their own 'prime directive' and Guinan chooses not to interefere. She and Q squared off a bit with cheesy 'stances' in "Q Who" so Im assuming she could somehow combat him? Sheer speculation there.

Or perhaps she was formerly a Q and was cast out for reasons unknown.
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

MetalHead wrote: Or perhaps she was formerly a Q and was cast out for reasons unknown.
I quite like that idea - maybe she was given a guise of an El-Aurian and perhaps her friendship with Picard centralised about him saving her? She said that she was in a [very] lot of trouble and he saved her - due to the none-linear timeline, it is conceivable that it happened before the late 1800s (Time's Arrow) so that she had the El-Aurian guise for that time, but happened well after when Picard may have saved her?
I like that possible explanation.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Or she's just an El-Aurian, an exceptionally long-lived species with slight empathic powers and a keen insight to the true nature of people. Yeah, I am the fun killer =)
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Yes but as we've seen its easy for the Q to assume different forms. Q once turned, er....Q, into an amoeba in a Voyager episode.

So lets say that there is a trial, and 'guinan' is cast out of the continuim, but she can choose any species. Perhaps, as a Q, she found the El-Aurians the most fascinating and decided to become one. Or maybe she's half-Q?

Who knows. but I reckon that there was always more to Guinan than met the eye. She'd been to the Nexus and somehow returned, as I recall from generations?
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

MetalHead wrote:She'd been to the Nexus and somehow returned, as I recall from generations?
speaking of that, what was the reason why she didn't try to get back to the nexus again?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

She was content enought not to. She had self control.

I think she is Just a ordinary person with great perseption.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Guinan was centered enough not to go back, unlike Soran. She felt great loss, but she knew it wasn't real.

She's an awesome character. ANd her hats rocks.
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

Guinan: Guess how smart I am.
Q: It's over 9,000!
Guinan: Now guess how strong I am.
Q: It's over 9,000!
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

lol!

Would be neat if she was Q but sadly both actor and actress are aging rapidly and the likelyhood of another Generation movie seems unlikely to me.

I always thought she deserved a bigger role on the ship. Best part Woopie ever played I think and did a much better at councelling than the damn councelor.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I didnt really like her for some reason. Just didnt really like her.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

She was thrown out of the nexus for attempting to re-enact the movie 'ghost'.

Booze and Strippers!
Foxbat
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Foxbat »

Well, we surmise thru Data that she can apparently perceived things beyond linear time. Other than that, she's like most bartenders...
"Nothing is more Airwolf than Airwolf!" http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/airwolf.htm
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

*shrug*
I never really paid much attention to her, for me she was just another background character. I found her neither interesting nor boring, rather 'meh'.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I didnt like how in yesterdays enterprise Picard made a huge choice because she had a funny feeling.