Which sci-fi weapon would you have?

Everything else
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Which sci-fi weapon would you have?

Post by Sionnach Glic »

One day you're wandering around when Q apears to you. For no reason whatsoever he decides to give you a weapon from any sci-fi universe you want. It will also come with a box of ammo that magically refills itself.

What weapon would you pick?

Personally, I'd like the Zorg ZF-1 from The Fifth Element.
Voilà, the ZF-1. It's light, handle's adjustable for easy carrying, good for righties and lefties, breaks down into four parts, undetectable by x-ray, ideal for quick discreet interventions. A word on firepower, titanium recharger, 3,000 round clip with bursts of 3 to 300, with a Replay button--another Zorg invention--it's even easier. One shot and Replay sends every following shot to the same location. And, to finish the job, all the Zorg oldies but goldies: rocket launcher; arrow launcher, with exploding or poisonous gas heads; our famous net launcher; and, the always efficient flame thrower--my favorite; and, for the grand finale, the all new Ice Cube System.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Will Q also give you the skills required to use said weapon? If so I'll have a lightsabre - "an elegant weapon, for a more civilised age".

If not, I'll take Soran's gun from ST:Generations/
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yes, you also instantly know how to use and maintain said weapons.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Rochey wrote:Yes, you also instantly know how to use and maintain said weapons.
Then lightsaber. Double-bladed, too. One that can be separated in the middle into two lightsabers and be hooked by a chain.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Nun chuck lightsabers? :lol:
CluckyB
Petty officer third class
Petty officer third class

Post by CluckyB »

I'd take a Sonic Screwdriver. Because it would be unique and different. And down right useful in most circumstances. Sure its primary function isn't a weapon--but its been used as a weapon in the past, so I'd say it counts. :D Probably wouldn't be hard to fry your lightsaber crystal with it.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Rochey wrote:Nun chuck lightsabers? :lol:
Hell, yeah! 8)
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

The TR-116 with modifications. Never know what hit you.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Cerebal Bore from Turok II... would love to use that on people. Though those people the weapon probably wouldn't lock onto since it only locks onto intelligent life...
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

The Rail Gun from Quake II or the Freeze-Ray from Duke Nukem 3D =)
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I'd go with the Star Trek's phaser weapons. They just seem the be the most versitile conventional weapon I've seen.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

And Megatron's fusion cannon, too. And Optimus Prime's axe/sword thingie from the live-action movie. and his axe from classic G1.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

oooh i just thought of one. The Enhanced Gravity Gun from Half Life 2's last level.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

BFG 2000
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

A TNG Type One Phaser - on a key fob.