Breen

Deep Space Nine
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Breen

Post by Granitehewer »

Hi
I assume the implication about the Breen defeating an entire Klingon fleet under Chancellor Mow'ga in the second klingon empire period (DS9: "'Til Death Do Us Part") , in light of the energy dampening weapon used in the Ds9 series; was that they had it then or some other variant, unless they swamped the Klingons with sheer numbers of vessels, of course there are myriad other reasons, both strategic and tactical that the invasion may have failed.
Leading on from that, i was wondering what you all thought/wanted about the Breen post-Ds9, would they be crippled by severe war reparations, embargoed, would any of Breen space by annexed by Cardassia as compensation, also was wondering if anyone regarded the Breen as still being a threat, now that the energy dampening weapon was countered.
Thanks for reading,and am looking forward to hearing all opinions!
P
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

They would probably have there fleet confiscated but the Federation doesnt seem the type to take territory. The Klingons might anex some territoy off them though.

The most I can see the Federation doing to them is confiscating their fleet seeding them home with a slap and maybe make them help in the rebuilding of planets ruined by war.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Peabody
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Captain Peabody »

The Breen were really never much of a 'major' threat to begin with, without the energy-dampening weapon; they seem to be one of the smaller and less powerful Alpha Quadrant nation-states, and the loss of the Dominion war will probably set them back decades. The Federation may not be the type to annex territory, but you can bet the Klingons and Romulans will do everything they can to humiliate the people who beat them so resoundingly at Chin'toka. That, plus the enormous losses in ships and personnel will probably ensure that Breen won't be doing much conquering anytime soon. :wink:
"Lo, blessed are our ears for they have heard;
Yea, blessed are our eyes for they have seen:
Let the thunder break on man and beast and bird
And the lightning. It is something to have been."

-The Great Minimum, G.K. Chesterton
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Could have the reverse effect and give rise to military reformists promissing to restore their dignity ala hitler.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Territory is a symbolic issue at best, and more probably a non-issue. The Breen can't populate worlds which are habitable to most other humanoids, and vice verse.

As far as the fleet, I don't think that it poses too much of a threat without the advantage of the energy-draining weapon. Without the Dominion available to them, I don't think that the Breen would have the capability to rebuild a military fleet on a large scale.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Cyd
Petty officer second class
Petty officer second class

Post by Cyd »

Captain Peabody wrote:The Breen were really never much of a 'major' threat to begin with, without the energy-dampening weapon; they seem to be one of the smaller and less powerful Alpha Quadrant nation-states, and the loss of the Dominion war will probably set them back decades. The Federation may not be the type to annex territory, but you can bet the Klingons and Romulans will do everything they can to humiliate the people who beat them so resoundingly at Chin'toka. That, plus the enormous losses in ships and personnel will probably ensure that Breen won't be doing much conquering anytime soon. :wink:
They only fought late in the war though, given the huge loses the Klingons had, the ratio may have improved for the Breen. They probably wouldn't win anyway.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Remember technology and numbers only count for so much. Tactics, intellegence and tenacity count for a lot. Something the Breen and Romulans have which makes them very dangerous.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Whether Weyoun was being sincere or not,in countering claims of the frozen nature of the Breen homeworld, the breen clearly have advanced technologies , for instance, which enabled them to function on cardassia prime, as well as the none-descript desert planet of Dozaria,which the breen populated with assorted slaves to mine dilithium, so clearly any deficits in their biology can be overcome via their technological assets.
Also occupying a planet or region of space, may confer strategic, diplomatic and resource advances, rather than being 'symbolic' as a sign of prestige etc. Although the idea of an empires' extent having symbolic value,is a good point, so have to commend you on that.
Personally, i would like to think that the Breen will return to their isolationism, possibly with sanctions or reparations, having rescinded the cardassian planets given by the dominion.
I wonder what Breen-Tholian relations would be like...........
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Maybe the Breen will compensate the quadrant powers, by handing out fridge-freezers with the legendary Breen refridgeration technology....but remember....never turn your back on a Breen fridge-freezer. lol
Its my 25th birthday today, so have been into trek, for exactly 14years, when will it end!? lol
take care all
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Happy B-day!

I just don't see the Breen being able to (or being allowed to) rebuild a war fleet in numbers enough to become a threat again. Remember - after the war, NOBODY will turn their backs on the Breen again!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Cheers!

But will the Big Three, be willing to engage an a conflict, to forcefully reduce the Breens' military, assuming that the Breen show the same distaste for disarmament as they have shown for surrender(yes we saw them at the peacetable, but you know what i mean, there are degrees of peace and levels of treaties/clauses :D etc) or more likely will there be a containment policy or buffer zone established?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I wouldn't be suprised if they were the next hostile species. With so little known about them and their unusual technology they would be the best choice of currently known species. Plus we have no idea how much of their forces were dedicated to defending Cardassia. I doubt they'd want to dedicate the bulk of their forces to defending the Cardassian/Dominion Territory when there is the threat of the Federation going after their homeworld after their attack on Earth. The energy dampining weapon may only be the tip of the iceberg of their unusual weapons.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Granitehewer wrote:Maybe the Breen will compensate the quadrant powers, by handing out fridge-freezers with the legendary Breen refridgeration technology....but remember....never turn your back on a Breen fridge-freezer. lol
Its my 25th birthday today, so have been into trek, for exactly 14years, when will it end!? lol
take care all
Happy birthday!

They had some cool ship designs. I'd love to see what's under their helmets.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Personally I'd love to see the Breen get more attention in any new series of Trek. They have a lot of posibilities there.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

They would be a ok secindary race like the Ferengi. Ther lack of face limits their character possibility.