Stupid Janeway Moves

Voyager
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Stupid Janeway Moves

Post by stitch626 »

Here's the idea...
List stupid Janeway moves and how the writers could have avoided the specific move without major changes to the rest of the series (if possible). No need to go in order.

SJM#1: destroying the array.
To fix it, all the writers had to do is make the array blow up some other way. Voyager is still in the DQ and Janeway doesn't look like an idiot from day one.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Stupid Janeway Moves

Post by Mark »

SJM#2: Playing Rambo

Instead of running around with a k-bar and tank top through dangerous corridors filled with giant sized viruses, have the doctor transport her to her destination with the shuttlecrafts transporters.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Mark wrote:SJM#2: Playing Rambo

Instead of running around with a k-bar and tank top through dangerous corridors filled with giant sized viruses, have the doctor transport her to her destination with the shuttlecrafts transporters.
Or the site-to-site transporters. Didn't we have this thread two or three times already?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

But this ones different. Here, we say how the writers could have fixed it without to much work. And we give them numbers. :P

I created this with the intent of us not just bashing Janeway's descitions, but for creating a better character.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

SJM #3 Erasing the Doctors memory

Why hide the fact of what she was doing when erasing the death of one of the crew from the Doctor's memory. She is the Captain, and made a descision. She could simply have said, "Doctor, I have to isolate certain memory files from your program, and I cannot discuss why." The bit with him catching her with his holo camera was just plain weak.
Abraxas
Senior chief petty officer
Senior chief petty officer

Post by Abraxas »

SJM#4 - Putting Paris in prison for breaking the Prime Directive even though she did it in every other episode...

Hypocrite... :roll:
"We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave..."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Abraxas wrote:SJM#4 - Putting Paris in prison for breaking the Prime Directive even though she did it in every other episode...

Well, I think that was more of an excuse to get him for betraying her trust and going against her decision then being an actual hypocrite.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:
Abraxas wrote:SJM#4 - Putting Paris in prison for breaking the Prime Directive even though she did it in every other episode...

Well, I think that was more of an excuse to get him for betraying her trust and going against her decision then being an actual hypocrite.
Yeah......nobody gets to steal her glory!!!!
Sanehouse
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Sanehouse »

stitch626 wrote:SJM#1: destroying the array.
To fix it, all the writers had to do is make the array blow up some other way. Voyager is still in the DQ and Janeway doesn't look like an idiot from day one.
I think this one was meant to emphasize the sacrifice that Janeway had to make in order to protect many other people.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Mark wrote:SJM #3 Erasing the Doctors memory

Why hide the fact of what she was doing when erasing the death of one of the crew from the Doctor's memory. She is the Captain, and made a descision. She could simply have said, "Doctor, I have to isolate certain memory files from your program, and I cannot discuss why." The bit with him catching her with his holo camera was just plain weak.
When was this?
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I think this one was meant to emphasize the sacrifice that Janeway had to make in order to protect many other people
She got her entire crew stranded in the DQ due to her own personal stupidity. There's no sacrafice about it, as there were loads of ways for her to get home and still end up with the array destroyed.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The single worst example of her stupidy was the Ferengi. Just kill the bastards and use the wormhole.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Just ignore them and use the wormhole! They weren't even affecting the society that badly, IIRC.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

And they would die naturally in like 50 years, since the society was so primative they wouldnt matter much over all.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Exaclty. Getting your crew home is more important.