1 x standard photon tube with 250 rounds

Defence systems: Standard shield system 210,000 TeraJoules
Standard single Duranium hull plus 2 cm High density armour
Standard level structural integrity field

Warp speeds: normal cruise: 6
Maximum cruise: 9.4
maximum rated: 9.725 for 14 hours

Overall strength Index: 314.453

the Solstice class frigates were designed to slowly compliment and eventually replace the New Orleans class frigates that had been in operation along the federations borders for some time. The Solstice's were fitted with a new nacelle type similar to those found on the Nova class science ships, although these were larger and had more warp coils as well as a considerably more powerful warp drive making them faster. She was fitted with a powerful armament for her size, making her a force to be reckoned with along the duties she would be performing. The main weakness that was been detected was the lack of torpedo rounds for the pulse fire tubes, making it quite common to run out of torpedoes on long range patrols, but it was seen that for the kind of foe this ship would face, the type IX phaser array would be capable of compensating.

I made this thing to work in tandom with the Sahara class.
Last edited by Reliant121 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Solstice class frigate

Post by Mikey »

Again, well done.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Thank you. you realise i'ma gonna be spitting these out like no tomorrow. I'm hoping to put some of them to use in a novel type thing that i'm working on.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Go for it man, lay out as many as you want. Maybe even a few none UFP ships would be cool too.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I could try....I suppose klingon ships cant be that hard. two nacelles, engineering set into a wing that connects the nacelles and a big nose thing at the front.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Exacctly, and of course nothing that might constitute comforts. :D
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

That and I would love to see some Romulan ships. The KE may not have a great number of ship classes but they cover their bases well. I have just a few thoughts on the Romulans though.

Well first off, when dealing with combat vessels we must first think about the overall per use and per need from which the ship was designed.

1.) NEED vs WANT. The Romulans faired well in their first war against Earth but failed in later years to halt the growth of humanity. Then failed even more so against the UFP. Their front line ships were built for sneak attacks, hit&runs and preformed well here. The problem in lays that these little ships were there 'ships of the line'. With no heavy warships to go 'toe to toe' against other races. Again, humanity was a major problem since they were so close together. For some 200 years, the Romulans lacked a true heavy warship. The D'D fills this NEED for a larger 'ship of the line'. The D'D always meets the WANT for the Romulans who no doubt felt they were being out paced by a younger and more impressive race. NEED & WANT...

2.) NEED. This is were the starting ideas fill in.
A.) A large craft with the needed size to stand head on against other powerful craft and match their abilites. Also, if the RSE is to survive along with the growing UFP then they too must grow.
B.) The D'D is large but, not really in the best of ways. The amount of resource needed to fill in all of the open space would have been very costly. So they went with a ship that just looked bigger then it truly was. The D'D was to function much like the ISD of star wars. Big, scary, mean looking but also an even match for most ships and act as a transport ship for troops.

3.) WANT. This is when you design the ships systems.
A.) Hull, this seemed to be an after thought since I haven't seen any signs of heavy armour. These ships seem to come apart very easily in battle.
B.) Shields, again I feel that the Romulans lack here. Their ships suffer from poor performance in drawn out battles where they can't stick to their normal tactics of stealth and strike. E-tos was able to destory the best of the Romulan fleet with only a few very lucky shots. Most of which were hardly countable as hits. E-C was able to engage four warbirds alone and was able to last for long enough that records were kept and crew had time to make for the lifeboats.
C.) Weapons, this is where I feel the Romulans are strongest at. They have shown that they can produce weapons capable of causing damage to a fully shielded warship like the E-tos. Energy weapons are a huge boost for the Romulans as the D'D is covered end to end with them. I wouldn't doubt for a minute that the D'D is at the least the GCS's equal in energy fire. The warheads used by the Romulans are also known to be powerful in their own right yet what holds them back is that the RSE has yet to build a rapid fire launcher.

Overall what we see is a well rounded jack of all trades but master of none style ship. If built in mass numbers then these could truly turn the balance of power. The problem is that where these ships work best is wide open space and in small packs. Mass fleet battles take time and as we know, Romulan ships don't handle very well for long term fighting. Where as I believe that the D'D is able to deal out the same overall damage as the GCS, I do not however believe that the D'D could withstand that same damage.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I can try...i dont think i'll be able to draw it or line art it but i can try.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Cant hurt to try.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I suppose. I'm gonna try and work together some stats for a light general purpose cruiser, weaker than the D'Deridex but faster some point today. Then i'll try my absolute hardest to draw it.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Teaos wrote:Cant hurt to try.
Unless you're doing dental work on yourself...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Vodka kills the pain.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Vodka makes me feel sick :[
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Reliant121 wrote:Vodka makes me feel sick :[
Any alcohol will if you properly apply yourself.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Grundig
Commander
Commander

Post by Grundig »

Spoken like a true professional.
"I have nothing to say, I am saying it, and that is poetry."
John Cage