Guilty Pleasures

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Guilty Pleasures

Post by MetalHead »

So go on, what are you in love with yet ashamed of!?
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

My pair of tangerine orange Versace jeans. Not quite shamed, but a bit reticent to wear them out =)
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

WoW :(
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

My pair of tangerine orange Versace jeans. Not quite shamed, but a bit reticent to wear them out =)
I have lost all respect for you :lol:

I used to play WoW a lot but got really sick of it.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Prolly anime and certian cheesy songs from back in the day for me.

Sci-Fi books are another
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

pat benatar?
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Truthfully, for many of us, doesn't Trek at least partially apply? I never deny liking it, but it's also not a matter of conversation at parties or anywhere else where I'm trying to go home with a girl. In fact, the day Trek gets me laid is the day I'll proudly have the communicator badge tattooed on my chest.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

no, girls just don't like me as a person :cry:
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

celeritas wrote:no, girls just don't like me as a person :cry:
Yeah, I would guess a lot of us have that problem/have had it multiple times before. Sci-fi fan stereotypes do have at least some basis in reality, in my experience. But then, every RPG star ship group needs its James T Kirk 8)
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I am pretty open about what I do here. I don't make it a point of telling everyone I meet or anything, but if somebody asks what my hobbies are or anything then I tell them. I actually had DITL on my resume once under "IT skills", and it helped me get a job because one of the interviewers had heard of it.

And without going into detail, it has helped me out with a girl on one occasion. Didn't help as much as I would have liked, but it was a plus - and it did make her a good friend in the end, so that was cool.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

GrahamKennedy wrote:I am pretty open about what I do here. I don't make it a point of telling everyone I meet or anything, but if somebody asks what my hobbies are or anything then I tell them. I actually had DITL on my resume once under "IT skills", and it helped me get a job because one of the interviewers had heard of it.

And without going into detail, it has helped me out with a girl on one occasion. Didn't help as much as I would have liked, but it was a plus - and it did make her a good friend in the end, so that was cool.
i have much to learn from your awesomeness.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

I second that. Even my kids bust my balls for referencing Star Trek at least every few lessons. They actually enjoyed the clip of the audiobook version of "I,Q" I played for them, however. As well as the ever-wonderful DS9 Charge of the Light Brigade moment.
I Am Spartacus
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by I Am Spartacus »

I occasionally watch the O'Reilly Factor on Fox News, simply because I enjoy watching a show that makes me feel intellectually superior to the host.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I don't have any really 'guilty' pleasures. I'm not ashamed of any of my likes, nor do I hide them or anything like that. It's who I am, for better or worse.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

GrahamKennedy wrote:I am pretty open about what I do here. I don't make it a point of telling everyone I meet or anything, but if somebody asks what my hobbies are or anything then I tell them. I actually had DITL on my resume once under "IT skills", and it helped me get a job because one of the interviewers had heard of it.

Thats really cool, big thumbs up for you, oh fearless leader of DITL! However did you not at the same time (this is entirely dependant on the context) scream to yourself: OH NOOOOO IM IN THE FRIEND ZONEEEEEE

Star Trek IS a bit of a guilty pleasure tho. I love watching it and talking about it to my friends who ALSO like it, just wouldn't admit it unless someone put me to the question, if you understand.

Booze and Strippers!