Thank God it ended when it did...

Enterprise
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Thank God it ended when it did...

Post by Teaos »

Another thing I found of Memory Alpha. Several episode ideas for the canceled season 5 of ENT. Some could have been ok others would have been horrible. A star fleet medical officer becoming Borg Queen

A fifth season of Star Trek: Enterprise was never produced, since the show was officially canceled on 2 February 2005. The producers, however, had already devised numerous plans for future seasons, which could have started airing by September 2005. Most information is based on comments by producer Manny Coto.

A Kzinti episode had been suggested as a prequel to TAS: "The Slaver Weapon", which progressed as far as a "rough rendering" of a Kzinti starship, commissioned by writer Jimmy Diggs. The story was titled "Kilkenny Cats."

An episode had been discussed where the Enterprise crew encountered a previous alias of Flint.

It has also been stated that the starship Enterprise would have received new crewmembers, including Shran, the recurring Andorian character.

Plans existed for an episode showing the construction of the first starbase, most likely in the Berengaria system. First hints to that episode were already given in "Bound".

Enterprise was due to revisit (actually previsit) the cloud city Stratos on Ardana showing the formation of the two castes seen in TOS: "The Cloud Minders".

Guinan (Whoopi Goldberg) might have been seen as well: a two-hour drama centering around Hoshi Sato was written for Season Five (Writer's Guild-East Registration R18220-00), in which Guinan would be under an assumed name, "Claranna" (relating to Q's line to her in TNG: "Q Who", "Oh, is that the name you're using now?"), acting personal assistant of the head of the United Earth Space Probe Agency. Also to have been revealed: more of Guinan's background, what she was doing there since the time of Mark Twain (TNG: "Time's Arrow"), links to TOS and TNG, the first appearance of Skon, grandfather of Spock (T'Lar's line near the end of Star Trek III: The Search for Spock) in a filmed episode, and why Vulcan delayed helping Earth with warp drive. The story was titled "The Treatment."

Further planned topics included the Enterprise finally visiting Phlox's homeworld, Denobula. Furthermore, a revisit to the Mirror Universe, which had already been shown in "In a Mirror, Darkly", and possibly featuring Hoshi Sato being empress of the Terran Empire had also been discussed. A return of Section 31, which had its last appearance in "Terra Prime", was planned as well.

Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens pitched a story with Alice Krige as a Starfleet medical technician who makes contact with the Borg from Season 2 ("Regeneration") and becomes the Borg Queen. [1]
Writer/producer Mike Sussman hoped to have T'Pol finally meet her father, and reveal to the audience that he was in fact a Romulan agent who had posed as a Vulcan officer prior to faking his own death. The suggestion that T'Pol was half-Romulan would have shed light on her affinity for humans as well as her interest in experimenting with emotions.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Awww...that stuff would have been so cool
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The only ideas I like is the introduction of Shran who I thought was a good character and T'Pols dad.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Thank God it ended when it did...

Post by Monroe »

An episode had been discussed where the Enterprise crew encountered a previous alias of Flint.
Now not remembering who Flint is off the top of my head I don't see how this would be a problem. Trek's been loaded with forgettable one episode characters.
It has also been stated that the starship Enterprise would have received new crewmembers, including Shran, the recurring Andorian character.
This seems to fit with the plot of the making of a federation.
Plans existed for an episode showing the construction of the first starbase, most likely in the Berengaria system. First hints to that episode were already given in "Bound".
Again how's this a bad idea?
Enterprise was due to revisit (actually previsit) the cloud city Stratos on Ardana showing the formation of the two castes seen in TOS: "The Cloud Minders".
Could have been a bit lame. Wasn't it Kirk who studied this? Still not a horrible idea just not a good one.
Guinan (Whoopi Goldberg) might have been seen as well: a two-hour drama centering around Hoshi Sato was written for Season Five (Writer's Guild-East Registration R18220-00), in which Guinan would be under an assumed name, "Claranna" (relating to Q's line to her in TNG: "Q Who", "Oh, is that the name you're using now?"), acting personal assistant of the head of the United Earth Space Probe Agency. Also to have been revealed: more of Guinan's background, what she was doing there since the time of Mark Twain (TNG: "Time's Arrow"), links to TOS and TNG,
This would have been a really good idea I think. I thought it was Woopie's best roles and one of the more interesting characters in Trek.

the first appearance of Skon, grandfather of Spock (T'Lar's line near the end of Star Trek III: The Search for Spock) in a filmed episode, and why Vulcan delayed helping Earth with warp drive. The story was titled "The Treatment."
Meh another forgetable character for one episode.
Further planned topics included the Enterprise finally visiting Phlox's homeworld, Denobula. Furthermore, a revisit to the Mirror Universe, which had already been shown in "In a Mirror, Darkly", and possibly featuring Hoshi Sato being empress of the Terran Empire had also been discussed. A return of Section 31, which had its last appearance in "Terra Prime", was planned as well.
All of these are good ideas.

Okay the Borg Queen bit is really dumb but the other stuff is either okay or good ideas.
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

I like the Shran idea as well, but not as a member of the crew. I don't think he'd get along too well with all of those "pink skins" when he's hanging around them all the time, plus I bet his former crewmates would give him hell for it every chance they got.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I jsut feel a lot of those ideas are rehashing used plots and would probably lead to canon stomping.

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Sure some are. But really I think TOS screwed up more canon than any other. Sure it was first but it contradicts reality and all the other series so much that it is now the worst when it comes to canon.
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Monroe wrote:

Now not remembering who Flint is off the top of my head I don't see how this would be a problem. Trek's been loaded with forgettable one episode characters.
Flint is Derek Flint, I think. He's a spy for the U.S. in the 60's a la James Bond, played by James Coburn. This is the only reference I can think of . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Man_Flint Now you can think of why this is a bad idea with a capital SUCK!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

mwhittington wrote:
Monroe wrote:

Flint is Derek Flint, I think. He's a spy for the U.S. in the 60's a la James Bond, played by James Coburn. This is the only reference I can think of . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Man_Flint Now you can think of why this is a bad idea with a capital SUCK!
I think its more likely to be this fellow, though there's no real reason why it can't be both I guess :)
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Wasn't Flint the immortal man?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:Wasn't Flint the immortal man?
Yes. And the only idea out of that list that I like 100% is seeing Denobula; the rest are very prone to become the complete disregard for the established 'Trek universe that had laready become prevalent in ENT. Coto would have done a better job than B&B, to be sure, but the potential for screwing the fans/universe would still have been very high.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

While a lot of that stuff does sound like it'd make an interesting episode, you could probably say the same thing about the idea of Voyager breaking the Warp 10 barrier. Good in concept, but screwed up horribly in execution. I have no doubt that B&B would manage to mess up this stuff as well.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Coto would have done a better job than B&B, to be sure, but the potential for screwing the fans/universe would still have been very high.
Coto not only did other stories involving prequel type stuff, but he even fixed the inconsistency with the Klingon foreheads. I think if Coto was in charge of those episodes they would turn out fine. We're talking about a guy who made season 4 of enterprise one of the best seasons of Star Trek ever.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Very true. But it's almost inevitable that a serial production would end up flaunting the previously-established milieu - even accidentally - if it were to touch on issues derived from that milieu.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Except for maybe the Borg Queen one, all of this sounded like it's be 150% win and awesome. *Sigh* ENT was kicking 23 kinds of ass when it got canceled! TNG and DSN weren't exactly noteworthy the first two seasons. :evil: :evil: :evil:

And with Coto in charge, I'd bet it would've been great. I really would've loved to have seen the Dragons.