Looking for a site

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Looking for a site

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I could have sworn I asked this before, but after doing a search of the forum I can't find where I did. :?
Oh, well.

Anyway, does anyone know of a site that goes into detail on the ships and tech of the Stargate universe, similar to DITL?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

A good Stargate Wiki

Closest thing I've found so far.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, I found the wiki as well. What I'm looking for is numbers. Speed, weapons power, ship sizes, etc. Similar to what this site does for Trek. I'm quite surprised I haven't been able to find any, given the popularity of the show.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Well, they aren't as focused on ships. Earth only has four types of ships in service. The space shuttles, the F-302s, the Puddle Jumpers and the Daedalus-class warships. Of coarse you could argue that Atlantis is a ship. And the Prometheus was in service for a few years. But some of them are hard to compare. F-302's for example haven't faced Ori fighters(to my knowledge) yet so it's hard to create a true strength comparison

EDIT: oh, and what happened to finding everyting with google?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, they aren't as focused on ships.
We've seen plenty of ships, and plenty of demonstrated capabilities, far more of them than some sci-fi series. Hence my surprise in the difficulty of finding anything on them. Hell, I'm having trouble even finding out how long the Daedalus is.
F-302's for example haven't faced Ori fighters(to my knowledge) yet so it's hard to create a true strength comparison
You don't need to specificaly need to see X and Y fighting each other to make a reasonable guess at who'd win. Just find out the power of X, and then the power of Y. Problem mostly solved.
oh, and what happened to finding everyting with google?
What? :?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:
Well, they aren't as focused on ships.
We've seen plenty of ships, and plenty of demonstrated capabilities, far more of them than some sci-fi series. Hence my surprise in the difficulty of finding anything on them. Hell, I'm having trouble even finding out how long the Daedalus is.
225 meters
oh, and what happened to finding everyting with google?
What? :?
In another topic where I was looking for Speed Racer ratings you told me I could find anything on google. Now I'm throwing that back in your face
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

225 meters
Thank you.
Where'd you get that from? I don't recall it being stated in the show.
In another topic where I was looking for Speed Racer ratings you told me I could find anything on google. Now I'm throwing that back in your face
It's far easier to find a particular thing (such as the ratings for a particular show) than to look through every stargate-related site in the hope of finding what I'm looking for.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

The size was listed on one of the Atlantis DVD's I believe. Season 2 I'd guess, since that was the first time the ship was seen if I remember correctly.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Oh, okay, thanks.