Beyond science fiction

Everything else
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Beyond science fiction

Post by Varthikes »

I didn't see anything indicating that only science fiction was allowed here, so...

Are there any shows we here enjoy outside the science fiction genre?

=============

I enjoy M*A*S*H the TV series and Are You Being Served?. It's a pitty PBS doesn't show the latter anymore...

I've only seen two episodes of MacGyver, but what I've seen I've enjoyed as well.

Aside from those, though, I don't particularly care about anything else. Except maybe the occasional documentary.

What about the rest of you?
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

My favourite is House MD. I also enjoy Boston Legal and Scrubs.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
I Am Spartacus
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by I Am Spartacus »

I love Magnum PI. Too bad it's only on in the early afternoon here, so I can rarely watch it.
The Wormhole
Ensign
Ensign

Post by The Wormhole »

The Simpsons. I acknowledge that its day has passed, but I still enjoy it. And I'm looking forward to the movie

I also enjoy Robot Chicken and Aqua Teen Hunger Force, although at times they can be considered sci-fi.

I also watch and love Trailer Park Boys.
Putting the manatee back in humanity.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Any fans of Lost here?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

House is good, though as a pretty average show turned into gold by the presence of Hugh Laurie. Blackadder's hilarious, Sharpe's a bit annoying if you're a fan of the books but a good watch nonetheless. I suspect Hornblower is much the same, but I haven't read those so I can't really compare them.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Any fans of Lost here?
Hell yeah. Unfortunatly I work sometimes when it is on so the only way I am able to keep up with the complex plot is by reading episode guides on the net.

I probably know more than most people by doing that since they come with commentary on what certain plot points mean.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

After every episode I always just look up the plot points on the net. I can't figure the damn thing out anyway.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

House M.D., Myth Busters, Man vs. Wild, Dirty Jobs, mostly anything on History Channel, WWE Monday Night Raw.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Oh yeah, forgot about Mythbusters.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

I don't really watch too much TV, but...

TOP GEAR IS AMAZING.

As well as Life on Mars.
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah anything on History Channel will get watch by me if I have time.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Most historical documentaries catch my attention.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

It's a guilty pleasure, but I really enjoy "Hell's Kitchen" - if it's not available outside the US, it's areality elimination-type showing featuring contestants suffering under the tutelage of the BBC's Chef Gordon Ramsey.

I also enjoy House, but I agree that it's Laurie that makes the show. Plus, I enjoy "Family Guy" - it appeals to my cynical side.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

I don't watch much TV anymore but I enjoy:

Trailer Park Boys

Criminal Minds

Red Dwarf (it kind of bends genres)