Favorite Ship Design (All sci-fi included)

Everything else
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Deepcrush wrote:True, but I prefer real power to pretend power.
Why do you like Mon Cals then? The initial MC80 line was an exceptional achievement, given that they were converted passenger liners. The idea of continuing the "every ship a unique work of art" design philosophy once they started building them as warships from the keel up was incredibly stupid.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Not the MC80s! :shock: No, no no no no no no! Thats where your off! You're thinking of the MC80b's that were built during the civil war. Those were a poorly thought out idea, no doubt. The MC90s came after the fall of the empire. They were the first Mon Cal ships that were both massed produced and built for none Mon Cal's to use. The MC90s were rated above even ISD2's though, that was why they were built. :lol:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

MC90's were built for more mass production in mind, and for other species besides the 'soul of the Rebellion' to use. And heck, the MC80's for being passenger liners able to be converted to freakin' battleships.

Oh, and X-wings.

And the Ark from Transformers G1.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

One of my favs is the Wolfen from the Star Fox series. More powerful and faster then Arwings but not quite as manuverable. Better then the generic look of the standard Arwings IMO. And the original Katt's Paw was cool. And of coarse the original Great Fox. I preferred the way it looked in Adventures(one of the few things I liked about the game) but it's a cool ship in any of its appearances.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Just thought i'd post a pic of my earlier suggestisn ^_^

Kusari Destroyer

Couldn't find the Osiris so i settled for the very similar Standard Liberty Dreadnaught (Sorry...Couldn't find so its a URL)

http://www.microsoft.com/games/freelanc ... _ss_ss_010 <---- I think thats the Yukon but i'm not sure...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'm just seeing a red X there.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Dammit.......
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

any better?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Nope, still seeing the red X.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"Hotlinking not permitted".

That picture just doesn't want to be shown. :lol:

I found the pic I think you're reffering to, though:

That it?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Zat be the chappy........ah.....glorius machine...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I think it looks horrificly bad, myself.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

It isn't the best looking ship ever...but its better then what Rheinland or Bretonia could produce...I like it because it's got about 10 in total high energy turrets, is resource unintensive and after going against one in a Battleship...trust me, she is one tough cookie to crack...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Maybe so, but the design is full of flaws. Design something like that with a brain, and it could probably slap down a pair of battleships.