Spacedock

The Original Series
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Given that this is Deep, it'll probably have torpedo tubes packed densly enough to make the Akira look undergunned, and be big enough to make the Death Star look like a child's toy.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

You make it sound like I have some evil master plan for a spacedock meant too watch hold over the most important system in the AQ. Don't you have any faith that I will design a peaceful station built for trade and commerce?
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Deepcrush wrote:Don't you have any faith that I will design a peaceful station built for trade and commerce?
No. In fact, not only no, but hell no.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Seafort, how rude. If I had feelings then I would be hurt. How can you not trust me?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Deepcrush wrote:How can you not trust me?
I do trust you. I trust you to act as you always have done and emphasise the ability to wipe the floor with all and sundry to the exclusion of all else.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

It's gonna be mean-looking. I just know it.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I just know this will have not nearly enough science labs/holodecks/families/expoloding consols for my liking...
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Labs? You'll be lucky if you can find a place to put one scientist with a tricorder between all the torp launchers and gun barrels.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Or a bathroom for him to p*ss in! :lol:
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Watch out Universe! Deepcrush and his mofo mega station are on the way!
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I have been slowly working on the station design based off of starbase 74. First off, I have decided that I will not be arming it with QTs. Second, I have added a second saucer to the station, and such will be attached to the bottom of the station. This means that the top and bottom will be mirrors of each other. Third, the outer body of the station will be increased in thickness by 6 meters. Forth, the station will be self building after it reaches one third complete. Crew will require about 50k. Lastly (for now) the station will not only be able to repair ships but will also build them. Like DS9, half of the crew will be from Bajor. For internal components I have removed the c-4 panels and have added remote controled onboard defense networks. There is no "bridge" as it were but now a full command & control center built to handle all matters of the sector from traffic to defense and patrol. These are the starting ideas that I'm working with right now. Anyone have anything they'd like to see added?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Deepcrush wrote:First off, I have decided that I will not be arming it with QTs.
:shock: Deep, are you feeling alright?

:P

The design sounds interesting. The idea of balancing out the upper and lower sections could either look great, or just odd. I'll have to see how it turns out before I can decide one way or the other. I'm certainly looking foward to seeing it though.

Suggestions: put in another control centre, to help spread the traffic load (perhaps split between upper and lower, or inner and outer control zones) and to provide an auxillary CIC.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

That makes sense - even in a non-military capacity, a second control/operations center would mean that both sections could run construction and repair ops independently.

I think a top-notch sensor suite would be in order, and perhaps an attached or co-orbital facility to store things like Nebula-class mission pods, pre-built torps for restocking, etc.

Will there be a ship or two permanently attached?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Third, the outer body of the station will be increased in thickness by 6 meters.
By tha do you mean you are increasing the diameter of the station by 6m or that you are slapping on 6m of armor. The former is ok, just adds more space, the latter would such up such an increadbly large amount of resourses it boggles the mind. Also would be serious overkill.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Teaos wrote:
By tha do you mean you are increasing the diameter of the station by 6m or that you are slapping on 6m of armor. The former is ok, just adds more space, the latter would such up such an increadbly large amount of resourses it boggles the mind. Also would be serious overkill.
Not if they use chrome! Then it could be a spacecock, eh?