RPs

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Re: RPs

Post by Lighthawk »

I'm disappointed really, that's a pretty poorly maintained wiki.

But anyway, as far as androids go, the options are pretty wide. I do think I'm going to restrict player choices to human model androids, but those can still get pretty beefy, easily as powerful as a terminator. And there might just be some military grade exo-suits laying around...

Just remember, android hell is a real place where you will be sent at the first sign of defiance.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'm usually up for an RP unfortunately I've never seen an Alien/Predator/Vs. Film in my life and don't really want to. Only this and the zombie one dont really interest me.

Sorry man.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

S'ok.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Yeah, I'd be out of this one too.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Lets see how much support this one gets. I'm already running the Stargete RP, co-running the Daystrom RP, and playing both Alpha and Beta SIMs, as well as Zombie and Enterprise RPs.

If I joined, I don't know that I'd be an overly prolific poster.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mark wrote:Lets see how much support this one gets. I'm already running the Stargete RP, co-running the Daystrom RP, and playing both Alpha and Beta SIMs, as well as Zombie and Enterprise RPs.

If I joined, I don't know that I'd be an overly prolific poster.
Certainly understand that. If this does get going, I'll most likely run it like survival, everyone on their own, so no one is ever waiting on anyone else.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The Stargate RP is pretty much dead unless someone plans to revive it.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I've got a half finished post, but never got back to it.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mark wrote:I've got a half finished post, but never got back to it.
Thats helpful.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Better than not even started.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

To those who are interested, for your consideration.

Setting
Planet LV-5056, located in the binary star system M-2389, of the 334 Region
An Earth like world located on the fringes of human controlled space. LV-5056 is primarily a farming planet, containing too few mineral resources for cost effective mining. It's chief export is meat product, as the world's temperate zones are primarily flat grass lands ideal for herd animals. It contains a minimal human population, mostly concentrated in New Plymouth, the world's only city and site of the spaceport. The ranchers who supervise the vast herds comprise a mere 5% of the population and live in relative isolation.

LV-5056 is also a prime hunting ground for the Yautja, though it has not been used for a hunt for nearly 50 years due to inter-clan politics. Hunting rights for the world used to belong to the Fireblood clan, but said rights were stripped when the clan fell into disgrace. A new permit of rights has just recently been granted by the Council of Ancients to the Stonetusk clan, who are eager to explore this newly gained hunting ground.

PC Role Choices

Human/Synthetic
Ranger
While technically a police force, the rangers of LV-5056 spend most of their time protecting the vast herds from native predators. They are seasoned hunters and woodsmen, spending a great deal of time alone as they patrol the endless miles of the Perimeter, the boundary between the grasslands and the forests. They maintain the SenseFence, a sensor and tracking system comprised of hundreds of bio-scanners strung along the Perimeter that is tuned to detect and track the predatory species of LV-5056 that are capable of preying on the herd animals.

Colonial Marine
Owing to it's location, LV-5056 is home to an orbital fueling and re-supply base for the regional branch of the Colonial Navy. Though mostly staffed with engineers and technicians, the base maintains a small garrison of marines for self defense and to provide emergency help to the planet in case of a disaster. The marines are trained to be versatile and adaptable, able to go and fight anywhere.

Mercenary
Unknown to the colonists or military, there is a specialized research facility owned by Weyland-Yutani hidden in the jungle depths within LV-5056's tropical zone. There the company conducts top secret studies on xenomorph military applications and yautja technologies, as well as biological experiments on both species. A small team of hired guns protect the facility, as well as occasionally gathering test specimens, native or otherwise.

Yautja
Stonetusk Clan
Excitement runs high through the clan as they prepare for the first hunt on their newly acquired territory. It promises to be a dangerous and thrilling hunt due to the human presence that has sprung up while the planet was left untouched, and only the best hunters have been give permission by the clan elders to participate. Great skill will be needed to gather trophies with the human military watching over the world from orbit, and a successful hunt will bring much glory to the clan.

Fireblood Clan
The dishonor of the loss of a prime hunting ground can not be borne, even more so now that humans have arrived, increasing the hunt value of the planet. The devious Stonetusk clan might have fooled the Ancients for now, but the truth will be shown to their eyes. A small team of elite hunters will be sent in stealth and silence to ensure that the Stonetusk hunt ends in disaster and disgrace, its' warriors slain or captured by the humans. Such shall be their dishonor that the Ancients will disband the clan in utter disgust of their incompetence.

Fist of the Ancients
Members of the yautja military, tasked with safe guarding the way of life and of the hunt for the yautja race. Armed with weapons of war rather than tools of hunting, these warriors concern themselves primarily with keeping peace between the clans and in keeping yautja technology out of the hands of lesser races.

Xenomorph
Warrior
The basic xenomorph breed, powerful and deadly as it is cunning and stealthy. Dozens of these monsters have recently been seeded upon LV-5056 by the yautja in preparation for the hunt, their hideous lifecycle now playing out it's final stage as the emergent chestbusters grow to adulthood.

Predalien
The result of a xenomorph egg implanted in a yautja, this alien breed is larger, stronger, and tougher than it's basic kin. Considered an abomination by the yautja, these creatures represent the ultimate disgrace, as any yautja who finds himself implanted should rightly commit suicide rather than let the egg grow and hatch. As part of their plan to discredit the Stonetusks, the Firebloods have released several of these monsters on LV-5056, freshly grown from captured and sedated bodies of other clan members.

Military Alien
The latest result of Weyland-Yutani's experiments with the xenomorphs, these bio-engineered creatures outclass all other alien breeds. They are stronger, faster, tougher, and smarter; their many natural weapons have been improved, and new abilities granted. Surgically implanted cybernetics within their brains ensure absolute loyalty, and provide real time data exchange between the xenomorph and controller.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Fist of the Ancients
Members of the yautja military, tasked with safe guarding the way of life and of the hunt for the yautja race. Armed with weapons of war rather than tools of hunting, these warriors concern themselves primarily with keeping peace between the clans and in keeping yautja technology out of the hands of lesser races.
Oh yeah baby, this is totally me for the RP! :happydevil:
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Gameplay

I intend to run this game in a manner similar, if not identical, to the way I did Survival. Everyone will be on their own so as to not have to wait on anyone (other than me that is). You will however be able to influence the environment, and thus impact the other players indirectly. For example, if a predator blows up the marine orbital base, well that's going to make an impact on the marine players ability to receive reinforcements or extra equipment.

As for the game system, I'll be using a simplified version of the WH40k. You'll have your list of attributes and some specializations, but for the most part the amount of in game mechanics will be few. Rather than worry about a bunch of combat rules, what adds how much of a modifier at what range and all that, the game will be played looser. A good half of things will be a matter of rule of cool and what progresses the story best, the rest simple rolls for success. Basically tell me what you want to do, I'll let you know how good you need to roll, and we see how you do. Obviously I'm counting on you to be honest with your rolls, and in more dire situations I might roll for you just to alleviate any temptation.

As for experience and leveling up, I'm going to be handing out points for various things: success in battle, completing goals, doing anything awesome, etc. You can spend your points to boost attributes, special skills, or to buy new abilities. The cost of these increases will be up for negotiation (to a degree, I still will claim final say), and the options will come mostly from your own imagination. If you want a guy who specializes in sniping, we'll work towards getting him the right skills for it, and come up with a fair cost to gain those abilities.

Now a pair of questions
Who all is still interested?
And would it be possible to get a section made in the RP area for this?

If we still have a couple of people up for this, then we'll get started on character creation shortly.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Deepcrush wrote:
Fist of the Ancients
Oh yeah baby, this is totally me for the RP! :happydevil:
I'm for the above!
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Yikes, only one call back, guess now isn't the time for this one huh?