RPs

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

RPs

Post by Lighthawk »

The RP section seems to be experiencing an upswing in activity as of late, or at least it seems so to me. It's got me thinking about running one myself, and given my current interests, I was considering an AVP based RP. If I was to hash out a story idea based around this in a few weeks or so, would anyone be interested in playing?
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: RPs

Post by stitch626 »

Depends, who would we be playing?

I might be interested. Now that I have less to do during the day, I can get into a lot of stuff.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Dunno......these things kind of go in spurts. We don't want to overwhelm ourselves.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sounds good, depending on the setting and rules.

...What ever happened to Survival, man? :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

stitch626 wrote:Depends, who would we be playing?
My primary thoughts are any of the main factions, which I'm thinking of providing two or three sub-categories for, so you could be human, alien, or predator, and then choose a more specific from there, such as colonial marine or civilian, hunter or military predator, alien warrior or predalien; basically give you a variety of play styles based on what you feel up for.
Mark wrote:Dunno......these things kind of go in spurts. We don't want to overwhelm ourselves.
True, which is why I'd give it a few weeks before starting, just to see how things play out. This is just for me to know if I should even bother thinking up the details. Didn't know how many AVP fans we might have here.
Tsukiyumi wrote:Sounds good, depending on the setting and rules.

...What ever happened to Survival, man? :lol:
It had a good run, but I eventually burned out on it. Maybe next time I get my WH40k kick going, I'll see about reviving it.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

You can definitely count me as an AVP fan. I'm up for playing any of the above.

What sort of rules were you thinking of? 40k style combat system, or something else?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

To be honest, the only AVP I'm aware of are the two movies. I know there was a comic series and a video game, but that's it.

Unless.........can I be a Terminator? A T-800 or T-1000 to repel those damned aliens.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Tsukiyumi wrote:You can definitely count me as an AVP fan. I'm up for playing any of the above.

What sort of rules were you thinking of? 40k style combat system, or something else?
Probably a simplified 40k, like in the zombie rp. Your success would be more a matter of what's cool/fun than worrying about detailed rules.
Mark wrote:To be honest, the only AVP I'm aware of are the two movies. I know there was a comic series and a video game, but that's it.

Unless.........can I be a Terminator? A T-800 or T-1000 to repel those damned aliens.
You could be a military android.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I'm in, I'll just take my Pred from the Crossover RP.

Damn I miss that RP. Shame our RPs died out so badly.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

You could be a military android
You mean like Bishop??????
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mark wrote:
Like Bishop, or more powerful. The extended avp universe has had androids able to go hand to hand with predators and win.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Lighthawk wrote:Like Bishop, or more powerful. The extended avp universe has had androids able to go hand to hand with predators and win.
The standard humanod models were like Bishop, just with weapons. Then they had some that were like 40k Astartes dreadnoughts!
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Lighthawk wrote:
Mark wrote:
Like Bishop, or more powerful. The extended avp universe has had androids able to go hand to hand with predators and win.

Is there an EU link to a site for me to browse?
Deepcrush wrote:
Lighthawk wrote:Like Bishop, or more powerful. The extended avp universe has had androids able to go hand to hand with predators and win.
The standard humanod models were like Bishop, just with weapons. Then they had some that were like 40k Astartes dreadnoughts!
Sort of like the ED-209 from Robocop then?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mark wrote:Sort of like the ED-209 from Robocop then?
Pretty much, three/four 20mm cannons with a pair of missiles and belt fed grenade launcher is some nasty work.

Though you can play as either the robot as a whole or as an Android pilot for the machine.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mark wrote:Is there an EU link to a site for me to browse?
http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Here's a start to get you filled in a little bit.