The Original Series
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Or a Aboriginal husband to jump on it.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

:lol:
:x That's so wrong. :)
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

The line that Spock utters is, "Not survivors, not warm-blooded. Living creatures, but not human."

Cold-blooded definitely doesn't mean slow. The Black Mamba, a venomous snake from Africa has been claimed to move at up to 20 km/h (12.5 mph). For a creature without legs, that's pretty fast.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Thanks for pointing out the line. So the Gorn are slow AND cold-blooded; not slow BECAUSE they're cold-blooded.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Mikey wrote:Thanks for pointing out the line. So the Gorn are slow AND cold-blooded; not slow BECAUSE they're cold-blooded.
The thing is the Gorn that Mirror Archer fought wasn't slow. It was more agile than I thought a Gorn would be. Maybe Kirk's Gorn was an old Gorn.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The one in ENT was in a hot area thus could move better.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Different race or subspecies, perhaps, although Teaos' idea certainly makes sense.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Given the fact that the Gorn in ENT looked nothing like the one from TOS, I think it's a safe bet that different subspecies exist.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I think we have to use subspension of disbelief about the way it looked. ALL species look different from TOS to the latter series.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Quite true, and we come up with rationalisations of how they all look different.
The only way to rationalise this one is saying that Gorn in the MU are radicaly different, or that there's more than one race of Gorn.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Maybe Radiation from the Tholians did it to him. He did look like a mini Godzila...

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

How could radiation make him a lot smaller, change his body structure, remove his antenae, and turn his compund eyes into normal ones?
Unless this individual is just one in a long line of Gorn mutants, it's a bit of a stretch.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

How could warp 10 make someone "evolve" into a giant lizard?

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Through the liberal aplication of quantum bullshit.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Could it have been a young Gorn - their equivalent to Wesley Crusher?