Lets Depose Bush With A Military Coup!

In the real world
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Lets Depose Bush With A Military Coup!

Post by Aaron »

I figured this was so nutty it should be good for a laugh for everyone. Goes to show that no matter what your political affiliation, there's nutters on every side.

Huffington Post
General Peter Pace
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
400 Joint Staff Pentagon
Washington, D.C. 20318-0400

Dear General Pace,

I note with admiration your courage in making clear your private concerns about the safety of the US military and the longterm danger to US national security caused by the President's stubborn refusal to acknowledge the quagmire in Iraq.

Though you are Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the President's principal military advisor - President Bush has shown his disdain for your honesty and wisdom. Though you are a decorated Vietnam war hero - who has served his nation honorably for four decades - the President is dispensing with your services. You have one month left in your position before you are tossed out by the President.

President Bush is going to ignore your advice. Just as he has ignored the advice of other Generals who have had the courage to respectfully point out how terribly wrong he is in respect of the Iraq War and the safety of the US military he is sworn to protect. Highly-decorated colleagues of yours such as General Anthony Zinni (Commander in Chief of U.S. Central Command), General Eric Shinseki (Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army) and General John Abizaid (Commander of the U.S. Central Command).

General Pace - you have the power to fulfill your responsibility to protect the troops under your command. Indeed you have an obligation to do so.

You can relieve the President of his command.

Not of his Presidency. But of his military role as Commander-In-Chief.

You simply invoke the Uniform Code Of Military Justice.

The United States Code: Title 10, Subtitle A, Part II, Chapter 47, Subchapter X, Section 934.

Article 134 reads:

"Though not specifically mentioned in this chapter, all disorders and neglects to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces, all conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces, and crimes and offenses not capital, of which persons subject to this chapter may be guilty, shall be taken cognizance of by a general, special, or summary court-martial, according to the nature and degree of the offense, and shall be punished at the discretion of that court."

Article 133 reads:

"Any commissioned officer, cadet, or midshipman who is convicted of conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman shall be punished as a court-martial may direct."

A gentleman is understood to have a duty to avoid dishonest acts, displays of indecency, lawlessness, dealing unfairly, indecorum, injustice, or acts of cruelty.

To be crystal clear - I am NOT advocating or inciting you to undertake any illegal act, insurrection, mutiny, putsch or military coup. You are an honorable patriotic man.

I am NOT advocating or inciting you to interfere with any of the civilian duties of the President. That would not be a legal action by you.

However you have the legal responsibility - under Article 134 of the Uniform Code Of Military Justice - to protect the troops under your command by relieving the President of his MILITARY command.

If you have reason to believe that the President is responsible for "disorders and neglects to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces" and for "conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces, and crimes and offenses not capital" then you have the obligation to act.

In addition to relieving him of his command as Commander-In-Chief, you also have authority to place the President under MILITARY arrest.

Article 7 of the Uniform Code Of Military Justice specifically says:

(b) Any person authorized under regulations governing the armed forces to apprehend persons subject to this Code may do so upon reasonable belief that an offense has been committed and that the person apprehended committed it.

(c) All officers, warrant officers, petty officers, and noncommissioned officers shall have authority to quell all quarrels, frays, and disorders among persons subject to this Code and to apprehend persons subject to this Code who take part in the same.

I understand that it would not be an action to undertake lightly.

In all your 39 years of service you have shown total loyalty to the chain of command.

However, given the current imperilment of US troops, and the "Conduct Unbecoming Of An Officer And A Gentleman" of this President - you have a greater responsibility to your nation, your code of honor and to the US Constitution.

I wish you well as you prepare to undertake the most heroic action of your distinguished career.

General Pace - please save the US.

Respectfully yours,

Martin Lewis
*Edit: make sure to read the comments in the article.
DSG2k
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Re: Lets Depose Bush With A Military Coup!

Post by DSG2k »

Cpl Kendall wrote:I figured this was so nutty it should be good for a laugh for everyone. Goes to show that no matter what your political affiliation, there's nutters on every side.
This is proof of what some call "Bush Derangement Syndrome", the overwhelming hatred of President Bush. When it's got liberals talking about creating a military coup in a positive light, you know it must exist. :D
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Well Bush is pretty much the most unpopular President in living memory and possibly the most incompetant one in US history. But this guy's scenario is so far out of the realm of possibility that it's laughable. I don't think he really understands how the US military chain of command works or what the JCS really does. Or even that the President isn't bound by the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I was reading a phycological review of Bush done by some very well respected shrinks. They say the most dangerous thing about him is that he truely believes what he is doing is good. He believes God is behind him. And he believes people love him. His mail is filtered so he only gets the good stuff and his staff tell him the people who dont like him are a tiny minority. He has no idea how hated he is.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

And this is the man who controls one of the most powerfull militaries on the planet....
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Teaos wrote:I was reading a phycological review of Bush done by some very well respected shrinks. They say the most dangerous thing about him is that he truely believes what he is doing is good. He believes God is behind him. And he believes people love him. His mail is filtered so he only gets the good stuff and his staff tell him the people who dont like him are a tiny minority. He has no idea how hated he is.
I'll never understand why it's considered good to hear God speaking to you. I hear voices myself, they tell me to kill people, that's bad so I take medication for it. Bush hears God speaking to him but thats good because it's God. Why isn't he considered mentally ill too? What's the difference between one set of voices and the other?
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

The demarcation between visionary, intercessor between the divine and the earthly, and the ill of mind, is a thin one, extremely subjective.
One who professes to hear voices, may be exalted as a prophet, persecuted as a 'tool of the devil' or having tablets hurled at them.
I once swore blue,that i'd once heard my grandmothers' voice,after she passed away, some said it was merely seeking familiar in the umfamiliar,like anchoring, others said it was deluded hope, some an honest mistake,others; a rapidly passing illness etc, whatever it was,it helped.
Some people of course,regard our conscience 'inner voice' as an internal manifestation of an external litmus, personally jimeny cricket (see pinocchio)was too annoying to be true :D
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Considering Cuckoo McMonkey Pants approval ratings, it's pretty obvious that most people aren't buying the divine inspiration angle.