Rumours, news and general speculation

Discovery
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: Rumours, news and general speculation

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Thank you.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Graham Kennedy wrote:So I've been negative a fair bit. I wanna be positive. What could you hear about Discovery that would be a "Oh, cool!" moment for you?

For me. I really, really wish they would flesh out Starfleet by showing some of the Franz Joseph designs. Imagine a fleet scene like in The Ultimate Computer, but with a Federation class Dreadnought, a Constitution, and a pair of Saladin class Destroyers. That would be sooooo awesome!
Not to be negative.....but if you drop the name "Franz Joseph" at anyone connected to the show, producer, directors, writer etc...........do you expect ANYONE of them to actually know what/whom you are talking about?

I would be very much suprised if any of them actually do......

This doesn't have to be bad thing, mind you, since being a huge Trek nerd is no guarantee of making a good movies or television........still.....
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Expect? No. But trying to be positive here!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

There are thousands of ship designs made by fans, some of them are quite good and prefessional. They could use one of those desings or maybe make a design competition so the winner gets to sell his desing to the show.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Michelle Yeoh Boards Star Trek: Discovery

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/78848 ... -discovery
Michelle Yeoh is the first star to join CBS All Access’ Star Trek: Discovery

Star Trek: Discovery has found its first star! Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon‘s Michelle Yeoh is set to headline the CBS All Access series, Nicholas Meyer just confirmed to CS. Meyer, who helmed Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, is serving as a consulting producer on Discovery. Although it is unconfirmed at this time, Michelle Yeoh’s role is potentially the series’ lead, a female Lieutenant Commander.

“I know Michelle Yeoh is in it,” Meyer told us during a discussion of his 1979 sci-fi classic Time After Time. The film, starring Malcolm McDowell as H.G. Wells and David Warner as Jack the Ripper, received a Blu-ray edition last week from Warner Archive.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I just came to post that. :)

Well at least we finally get some news. Wonder if they're still sticking to the "the Captain is not the main character" idea? Yeoh seems like a big name to be in a minor role.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

However, before you start mapping out the deck of the Discovery, sources close to the production tell us exclusively that Yeoh actually will be the leader of another ship. We hear that Yeoh has been cast as Han Bo and her ship is the Shenzhou. The Yeoh-run spacecraft is set to play a big role in Discovery‘s first season.
http://deadline.com/2016/11/star-trek-d ... 201859554/
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Ah, interesting. I liked how they had Columbia become a recurring presence in Enterprise, and it does make sense that Starships assigned to the same area would meet up now and again.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Star Trek: Discovery casts 3 actors, adds gay character
First up: Actor Doug Jones (Hellboy, Falling Skies) will play Lt. Saru, a Starfleet Science Officer and a new alien species to the Star Trek universe.

Second, Anthony Rapp (Rent, Road Trip) will star as Lt. Stamets, an “astromycologist,” fungus expert, and Starfleet Science Officer aboard the Starship Discovery. Lt. Stamets is the new gay character; previously, Trek icon Lt. Sulu was revealed to be gay in this year’s movie Star Trek Beyond. That was considered a controversial move, however, because it came so late in Sulu’s history, which extends back to the franchise’s original series.
And finally, (Michelle) Yeoh, who was previously reported as joining the cast, will play Captain Georgiou, the Starfleet Captain aboard the Starship Shenzhou.
Doug Jones' body of work

Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

There's a guy who loves his rubber masks!
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Star Trek TV series: Bryan Fuller says he won't be involved
“I’m not involved in production, or postproduction, so I can only give them the material I’ve given them and hope that it is helpful for them,” Fuller tells Newsweek in a new interview. “I’m curious to see what they do with it.”
Fuller wrote the show’s first two episodes and plotted a season arc before stepping aside. He calls the situation “bittersweet” and, in terms of being involved in a potential second season, notes, “they have my number and if they need me I will absolutely be there for them.”
Stan - South Park
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

But he will be one of the showrunners for "American Gods." Just saying.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Source
Do a grand total of three Klingons constitute a swarm? If so, Star Trek: Discovery is about to have way more Klingons featured it its regular cast then any other Star Trek series to date. But these Klingons are probably not serving as members the crew of the Federation starship, USS Discovery. Instead, they might have their own mission.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, three actors have been added to the cast of Discovery including Chris Obi, Shazad Latif, and Mary Chieffo. They are all playing Klingons. Obi will play T’Kuvma, Latif is Kol, and Chieffo is playing a character called L’Rell. All three Klingons will be serving aboard an as-yet-unnamed Klingon vessel. The press release also mentions that T’Kuvma is hoping to “unite the Klingon houses.” This detail could mean a lot of different things, mostly because wars between the big “houses” on the Klingon homeworld Kronos have created huge plotlines on Star Trek before.
I wonder if these are for a single episode, or are they going to be a recurring set of characters? I'd guess the latter, and to me this looks like there is going to be a recurring Klingon enemy as well as a recurring Starfleet ship with Discovery.

I like that idea. DS9 got a great deal of mileage out of having recurring villains like Gul Dukat. Also I like the "trying to unite the Klingon houses" thing, as it means the Klingons have a sensible aim of their own, rather than "let's screw the Federation over" or "Hey, have we mentioned that we are warriors today?"

Of course the question remains... will these Klingons have ridges? They shouldn't. But I think they will.
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

I just saw a big news in french media and here the first english link that share the same new. (Looking for her name on google also confirm it)

Strangely nothing on Star Trek.com confirm it:

http://www.eonline.com/news/816045/star ... rtin-green

Someone watching The Walking Dead can tell us if she is as good actress as she is a pretty lady ?
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Been confirmed

Don't know of the lady myself.