Epsilon Class

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Epsilon Class

Post by DarkOmen »

This is the Epsilon Series support craft, the successor to the Delta Flyer.

The Epsilon are currently only being deployed on the Eminence Class, such as the Enterprise F

Comments and suggestions yo!!
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

It looks cool but is a little to long for my tastes. I'd chop out at least one grid lenght maybe more from the nose. As it is it would take up more room than is needed in the shuttle bay. Unless you make the end really sharp and strong and ram people with it.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

I kind of have to agree with the assessment of the length. The front profile looks good, and the side profile is fine (even if it does remind me strongly of a Star Wars EU E-Wing), but the top profile not as good. It's the bend in forming the separate wing and nose structures. I think it would look better without the inward bend, but with an uninterrupted chine all the way up.

From a non-aesthetic perspective, I don't like how unaccessible the warp core and other machinery looks. If you made it a vertical unit where the QT launcher is now, slung the QT launcher under the deflector, then scooted the cockpit ~3-4 grids up to gain the extra room, you could make the most important machinery more accessible and blend the form a bit more.

Hah, I don't ask much, do I?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I felt the same way about the length - it is designed to be carried aboard ships, after all. I am assuming that the "dome phasers" are like arrays, just with the individual emitter series compressed into a hemisphere? If so, I like that idea a lot - a full 180-degree range along both they Y- and Z-axis (discounting where you would hit your own fuselage, of course...)
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I like the concept, but, like the others, feel it's a bit too long.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I am going to say pretty much what everyone else has said. I like the concept (Although it looks like a cross between the Delta flyer and the Jedi starfighter from SW II) but the nose is too long, kinda stretched.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

In my opinion though, all the other shuttles in Star Trek are stupidly short and small, with no room for the warp core, photon torpedos or any of that stuff.

And thank you for the compliments.

Oh and BTW, i forgot to mention this was a request from someone on DeviantART, so i was limited as far as the overall shape. It was moreso my job to draw it, and figure out where everything goes.

EDIT: Yay!! Say Hello to Lieutenant DarkOmen
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

:party: congratulations on your promotion!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Congrats, Dark!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Nice one, Lieutenant. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

bravo, D.O.
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

The Ambiguously Gay Duo called, they want their design back :lol:
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

LOL!
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

DarkOmen wrote:In my opinion though, all the other shuttles in Star Trek are stupidly short and small, with no room for the warp core, photon torpedos or any of that stuff.
That's why my suggestions increase the internal volume even more! :wink:
DarkOmen wrote:Oh and BTW, i forgot to mention this was a request from someone on DeviantART, so i was limited as far as the overall shape. It was moreso my job to draw it, and figure out where everything goes.
Ah, well, that's all right then, I suppose.
DarkOmen wrote:EDIT: Yay!! Say Hello to Lieutenant DarkOmen
Hooray!