Another Anti-Gay Politician Comes Out As Gay

In the real world
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Another Anti-Gay Politician Comes Out As Gay

Post by Nutso »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/aaron-sc ... mg00000054
Former Rep. Aaron Schock (R-Ill.) opened up about his sexuality on Instagram Thursday, confirming in a lengthy post that he is gay.

During his time in office, Schock opposed marriage equality and the 2011 repeal of “don’t ask, don’t tell,” which prohibited gay and lesbian people from serving openly in the U.S. military. He also voted against the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act, which expanded the 1969 federal hate crime law to include victims targeted because of their sexuality and gender identity and was signed into law in 2009.

Though Schock said via his Instagram post that he’d “support LGBTQ rights in every way I could” if he were active in Congress today, he didn’t formally rescind any of his previous stances on queer issues.

“I realize that some of my political positions run very much counter to the mainstream of the LGBTQ movement, and I respect them for those differences,” Schock wrote Thursday. “I hope people will allow for me the same.”
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Another Anti-Gay Politician Comes Out As Gay

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Of course. Of fucking course. The projection is almost a tangible force with the Republicans.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:20 pm Of course. Of fucking course. The projection is almost a tangible force with the Republicans.
Notice he is still a dickhead who stands by his previous hurting of LGBT people.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:37 am
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:20 pm Of course. Of fucking course. The projection is almost a tangible force with the Republicans.
Notice he is still a dickhead who stands by his previous hurting of LGBT people.
Yup. he's a self-hating fuckhead.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Typical politician response really. Don't do what I do while I continue doing what I do.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"