Coronavirus and racist attack

In the real world
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Coronavirus and racist attack

Post by McAvoy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:05 pm
Nutso wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:29 pm Thousands of anti-lockdown protesters gather in London to claim coronavirus is a 'hoax'
Thousands of anti-lockdown protesters have gathered in central London, claiming coronavirus is a "hoax".

The "Unite For Freedom" march started in Trafalgar Square at noon on Saturday, with demonstrators calling for 'no more lockdowns, 'no to vaccinations' and 'no to government lies'.

Pictures and video from the protest show thousands of people at the popular tourist hotspot, many holding signs and placards.

There appears to be little or no social distancing among the huge crowds and very few appear to be wearing face coverings.
They'll die choking on their own fluids and they'll still think it was a hoax. Jesus wept.
The Coronavirus just made it very clear who is anti science and a closet conspiracy theorist. Before we just got a glimpse of that on the social media sites.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

McAvoy wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:03 am
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:05 pm
They'll die choking on their own fluids and they'll still think it was a hoax. Jesus wept.
The Coronavirus just made it very clear who is anti science and a closet conspiracy theorist. Before we just got a glimpse of that on the social media sites.
Yeah. this has laid bare for a lot of people just how willfully ignorant they are.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Also apparently how much they value their policitics over science.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

McAvoy wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:46 am Also apparently how much they value their policitics over science.
And their own personal power over lives.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Food bank line in Chesterfield, Virginia, USA. https://twitter.com/Jaaavis/status/1304492948525113346 "The line on Route 10 for the Chesterfield food bank is currently a double wide line that stretches nearly half of a mile"
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I feel almost proud of New Hampshire, there. Almost.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Covid-19: U.S. Breaks Daily Record With Over 98,000 New Cases as Surge Quickens
The United States recorded over 98,000 coronavirus cases on Friday, a level reached for the first time since the pandemic began. After eight months battling the virus, two dozen states are reporting their worst weeks for new cases — and none are recording improvements.

Fourteen states reported single-day records for new cases on Friday: Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Montana, Illinois, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Oregon, Kansas, Ohio, Colorado and Maine. And three states hit record deaths: Tennessee, Montana and New Mexico.

The outbreaks look different across the country, with states close in proximity sharing phases of the pandemic. Some, like North Dakota and South Dakota, have endured an extremely high number of cases for weeks — the Dakotas are ranked first and second nationally in recent cases per capita. Officials in North Dakota reported a single-day record Friday for the second day in a row. Neighboring Montana and Wyoming also hit single-day records for new cases on Friday.

In the Midwest, Illinois, Ohio and Michigan are experiencing swift, alarming rises in case counts. In Illinois, new cases have increased 70 percent in two weeks, with more than 8,010 new cases on Friday, the second single-day record in a row. Ohio reported 3,845 new cases on Friday, the second single-day record in a row. And Michigan has been averaging more than 2,800 cases per day for the past week — an increase of 91 percent from the average two weeks ago.

And the numbers in states like New Hampshire and Maine remain low, but they are backsliding after long periods of stability. Maine in particular has seen three of the four highest single day totals come this week. Rhode Island limited gatherings to 10 people Friday, after a single high school party in the state led to five positive coronavirus cases and 1,000 people in quarantine.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Just so Americans and others know, our U.K. friends are going in to a month long lock down. Be safe friends.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-54763956
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced a second national lockdown for England to prevent a "medical and moral disaster" for the NHS.

He said Christmas may be "very different" but he hoped taking action now would mean families can gather.

Pubs, restaurants, gyms and non-essential shops will have to close for four weeks from Thursday, he said.

But unlike the restrictions in spring, schools, colleges and universities can stay open.

After 2 December, the restrictions would be eased and regions would go back to the tiered system, he said.

Mr Johnson said: "Christmas is going to be different this year, perhaps very different, but it's my sincere hope and belief that by taking tough action now we can allow families across the country to be together."

The prime minister told a Downing Street news conference that he was "truly, truly sorry" for the impact on businesses, but said the furlough system paying 80% of employee wages will be extended through November.

"No responsible prime minister" could ignore figures which suggested deaths would reach "several thousand a day", with a "peak of mortality" worse than the country saw in April, Mr Johnson said.

He said hospitals even in the south-west of England, where cases are among the lowest, will run out of capacity in weeks.

"Doctors and nurses would be forced to choose which patients to treat, who would get oxygen and who wouldn't, who would live and who would die," Mr
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Nutso wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:52 am Just so Americans and others know, our U.K. friends are going in to a month long lock down. Be safe friends.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-54763956
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced a second national lockdown for England to prevent a "medical and moral disaster" for the NHS.

He said Christmas may be "very different" but he hoped taking action now would mean families can gather.

Pubs, restaurants, gyms and non-essential shops will have to close for four weeks from Thursday, he said.

But unlike the restrictions in spring, schools, colleges and universities can stay open.

After 2 December, the restrictions would be eased and regions would go back to the tiered system, he said.

Mr Johnson said: "Christmas is going to be different this year, perhaps very different, but it's my sincere hope and belief that by taking tough action now we can allow families across the country to be together."

The prime minister told a Downing Street news conference that he was "truly, truly sorry" for the impact on businesses, but said the furlough system paying 80% of employee wages will be extended through November.

"No responsible prime minister" could ignore figures which suggested deaths would reach "several thousand a day", with a "peak of mortality" worse than the country saw in April, Mr Johnson said.

He said hospitals even in the south-west of England, where cases are among the lowest, will run out of capacity in weeks.

"Doctors and nurses would be forced to choose which patients to treat, who would get oxygen and who wouldn't, who would live and who would die," Mr
I wish the US would be doing something this smart.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

It’s the only way, NZ had a hard lockdown and we have been covid free since May with only 1 small cluster since.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I won't be able to see my partner for 4 weeks, but if it saves lives, and keeps people safe, then we will maintain the relationship with video calls until I can see them again. Of course, had I known the last time I saw them I wouldn't see them for a month, I would have held them longer and tighter.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:20 pm I won't be able to see my partner for 4 weeks, but if it saves lives, and keeps people safe, then we will maintain the relationship with video calls until I can see them again. Of course, had I known the last time I saw them I wouldn't see them for a month, I would have held them longer and tighter.
Sorry, Tindarin. :( You're a good person!
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:20 pm I won't be able to see my partner for 4 weeks, but if it saves lives, and keeps people safe, then we will maintain the relationship with video calls until I can see them again. Of course, had I known the last time I saw them I wouldn't see them for a month, I would have held them longer and tighter.
Hang in there, buddy. Watch "Lower Decks." :)
Stan - South Park
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

ha still no distribution outside of the US for LD... I've not seen it on netflix or amazon.