Coronavirus and racist attack

In the real world
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Coronavirus and racist attack

Post by McAvoy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:42 pm
Nutso wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:36 pm If anyone knows anyone who is reisistant toward wearing masks, trying explaining like this:
The sad part is, there's people out there who will just not get it, intentionally or not.
Worse they make excuses for not to wear pants. Like don't pee on people or dodge the person peeing on you.

Which to me sounds like quarantine but that is just me.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Also, some people enjoy being pee'd on (I do not speak from experience).

Sadly, I know a couple of anti-vaxxers and Covid-hoaxers.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:22 pm Also, some people enjoy being pee'd on (I do not speak from experience).

Didn't think y'all was as wacky as we are.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Nutso wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:40 am
Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:22 pm Also, some people enjoy being pee'd on (I do not speak from experience).

Didn't think y'all was as wacky as we are.
Sadly, there are a few of them here. Luckily though, it seems not quite so many as over there!
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Anti-gay politician who decried mask mandate as “draconian” has been hospitalized for COVID
He wanted to cut funding for "Sesame Street" this year for promoting "the radical LGBTQ agenda."

An anti-LGBTQ Arkansas Republican who called his state’s mask mandate “draconian” has been hospitalized with a coronavirus infection.

State Sen. Jason Rapert (R), who proposed defunding PBS over an episode of Sesame Street in which out actor Billy Porter appeared, calling it part of “the radical LGBTQ agenda,” has been hospitalized for pneumonia and tested positive for the COVID-19 virus, according to an announcement posted to his Facebook account.

“This is a difficult time for my family, but we know that God is with us always,” Rapert said. “We’re sincerely grateful for the many prayers of love and support that have been expressed on our behalf.”

Despite claiming in a Facebook post that “we have all been doing our best to wear a mask,” the senator was recently seen attending church without a mask. He also condemned the governor’s mask mandate “on principle.”
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:25 am Anti-gay politician who decried mask mandate as “draconian” has been hospitalized for COVID
He wanted to cut funding for "Sesame Street" this year for promoting "the radical LGBTQ agenda."

An anti-LGBTQ Arkansas Republican who called his state’s mask mandate “draconian” has been hospitalized with a coronavirus infection.

State Sen. Jason Rapert (R), who proposed defunding PBS over an episode of Sesame Street in which out actor Billy Porter appeared, calling it part of “the radical LGBTQ agenda,” has been hospitalized for pneumonia and tested positive for the COVID-19 virus, according to an announcement posted to his Facebook account.

“This is a difficult time for my family, but we know that God is with us always,” Rapert said. “We’re sincerely grateful for the many prayers of love and support that have been expressed on our behalf.”

Despite claiming in a Facebook post that “we have all been doing our best to wear a mask,” the senator was recently seen attending church without a mask. He also condemned the governor’s mask mandate “on principle.”
behold my tiny violin for this asshat! Behold as it plays, "My Heart Bleeds for Thee'!
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Louie Gohmert, who refused to wear a mask, tests positive for coronavirus
Rep. Louie Gohmert -- a Texas Republican who has been walking around the Capitol without a mask -- has tested positive for the coronavirus, according to multiple sources.

Gohmert was scheduled to fly to Texas on Wednesday morning with President Donald Trump and tested positive in a pre-screen at the White House. The eighth-term Republican told CNN last month that he was not wearing a mask because he was being tested regularly for the coronavirus.

"f I get it," he told CNN in June, "you'll never see me without a mask."

Reps. Mario Diaz Balart (R-Fla.), Neal Dunn (R-Fla.), Morgan Griffith (R-Va.), Mike Kelly (R-Pa.), Ben McAdams (D-Utah) and Tom Rice (R-S.C.) have tested positive for the virus, along with Sen. Rand Paul (R-Tenn.).

In May, Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) turned down the administration's offer of rapid testing for the Capitol. Some lawmakers -- mostly Republicans -- decline to use face coverings while in the building.

Gohmert attended Tuesday's blockbuster House Judiciary Committee hearing with Attorney General Bill Barr in person, where lawmakers were seated at some distance from one another.
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Darwinism in action
email, ergo spam
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

IanKennedy wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:36 pm Darwinism in action
Gohmert blames mask for positive COVID-19 test
“But I can't help but wonder if my keeping a mask on and keeping it in place, that if I might have put some germs or some of the virus onto the mask and breathed it in — I don't know. But I got it, we'll see what happens from here, but the reports of my demise are very premature," he said.
:shock:
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:12 pm
IanKennedy wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:36 pm Darwinism in action
Gohmert blames mask for positive COVID-19 test
“But I can't help but wonder if my keeping a mask on and keeping it in place, that if I might have put some germs or some of the virus onto the mask and breathed it in — I don't know. But I got it, we'll see what happens from here, but the reports of my demise are very premature," he said.
:shock:
I hope the fucker dies a long and painful death.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

You have to wonder. If Trump from the very beginning wore a mask and talked about why to wear a mask, that maybe all this anti-mask bullshit running rampant through the US could have been reduced dramatically.

I mean it's not like his supporters were not going to NOT vote for him on this issue either.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:46 pm You have to wonder. If Trump from the very beginning wore a mask and talked about why to wear a mask, that maybe all this anti-mask bullshit running rampant through the US could have been reduced dramatically.

I mean it's not like his supporters were not going to NOT vote for him on this issue either.
His fans are very cult-like. If he did something for his own health benefit, they would cheer him on and follow him. Maybe we could control the infection rate, if he sacrificed his image as a tough guy, so his fans would finally do something that benefits everyone. Maybe Herman Cain wouldn't have died, this quickly at least. But, he has to show the cult that he is "owning the libs" by defying science and medicine.
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nutso wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:43 am
McAvoy wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:46 pm You have to wonder. If Trump from the very beginning wore a mask and talked about why to wear a mask, that maybe all this anti-mask bullshit running rampant through the US could have been reduced dramatically.

His fans are very cult-like. If he did something for his own health benefit, they would cheer him on and follow him. Maybe we could control the infection rate, if he sacrificed his image as a tough guy, so his fans would finally do something that benefits everyone. Maybe Herman Cain wouldn't have died, this quickly at least. But, he has to show the cult that he is "owning the libs" by defying science and medicine.
Exactly. Every time he says something even now about canceling the elections they do mental gymnastics to make it seem like he doesn't mean it or he wi never do it. And make it out like he sti a good president. Also same type of people acting like he is the best president of all time.

Though I am noticing people are starting to falter now with him. But they will still vote for him because heaven forbid that there can be two Republican candidates or a strong Independent candidate.

Just like not every Democrat is sold on Biden either but if they want Trump out they have to vote for Biden.

Imagine though a President from the beginning of this pandemic who could muster up the strength of the Right Wing to do what needs to be done to get this whole thing over with as soon as possible. But nope gotta cater to the anti science idiots on his side.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:16 am
Nutso wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:43 am

Exactly. Every time he says something even now about canceling the elections they do mental gymnastics to make it seem like he doesn't mean it or he wi never do it. And make it out like he sti a good president. Also same type of people acting like he is the best president of all time.

Though I am noticing people are starting to falter now with him. But they will still vote for him because heaven forbid that there can be two Republican candidates or a strong Independent candidate.

Just like not every Democrat is sold on Biden either but if they want Trump out they have to vote for Biden.

Imagine though a President from the beginning of this pandemic who could muster up the strength of the Right Wing to do what needs to be done to get this whole thing over with as soon as possible. But nope gotta cater to the anti science idiots on his side.
Instead his Administration does stuff like this. White House Strips CDC Of Data Collection Role For COVID-19 Hospitalizations.
The Trump Administration has mandated that hospitals sidestep the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and send critical information about COVID-19 hospitalizations and equipment to a different federal database.

From the start of the pandemic, the CDC has collected data on COVID-19 hospitalizations, availability of intensive care beds and personal protective equipment. But hospitals must now report that information to the Department of Health and Human Services, which oversees the CDC.

The change sparked concerns among infectious disease and health care experts that the administration was hobbling the ability of the nation's public health agency to gather and analyze crucial data in the midst of a pandemic.

The new system was set up by TeleTracking, a private company based in Pennsylvania, which was awarded the $10 million contract in a non-competitive bid in April. In June, Senator Patty Murray (D-Wash.), the ranking member of the Senate health committee wrote a letter to CDC Director Robert Redfield, asking why TeleTracking was awarded the contract on a non-competitive basis.

"It's entirely unclear why the Trump Administration has asked states and hospitals to upend their reporting systems in the middle of a pandemic — in 48 hours nonetheless — without a single explanation as to why this new system is better or necessary," Murray wrote in a statement to NPR. "The Trump Administration is going to have to give a full justification for this, because until they do, it's hard to see how this step won't further sideline public health experts and obscure the severity of this crisis."

Hospitals have left been scrambling, given only a few days to prepare for the new reporting system.
Here's the official pdf of the HHS' sudden announcement.
Stan - South Park