Coronavirus and racist attack

In the real world
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Coronavirus and racist attack

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Source
A 23-year-old Singapore man of Chinese ethnicity who was studying in London has spoken out about racism linked to the coronavirus after suffering facial injuries in a "racially aggravated assault."

Jonathan Mok wrote about his ordeal in a public post on Facebook Monday, detailing how he was attacked by a group of people on Oxford Street, a busy shopping area in the center of the British capital, at about 9.15 p.m. local time (4.15 p.m. ET) on February 24.

The attack comes at a time of increasing xenophobia against people of East Asian appearance in the UK and around the world.

"The guy who tried to kick me then said, 'I don't want your coronavirus in my country', before swinging another sucker punch at me, which resulted in my face exploding with blood (from my nose)," wrote Mok...

"I've studied in London for the past 2 years and every year, I am subjected to racist remarks (whether innocent or made with malice)," he wrote. "To those people who told me that London isn't racist, think again."...
Shameful that this happened in my country. :(
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Coronavirus and racist attack

Post by McAvoy »

Sadly in my country this would be expected.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

In the U.S. our triple-chinned President has declared Coronavirus to be a Democrat hoax, we have people thinking that coronavirus comes from Corona beer, the fat bastard's White House have now forbidden cameras and audio from coronavirus related press conferences. People close to me are behaving like xenophobic shitheads and after believing in Trump's hoax lie, are now crying that's there's no hand sanitizers or wipes or N95 masks, but at least I haven't heard of racist assaults against people of Asian descent over coronavirus. Also our news are very, very concerned about how the spread of coronavirus affects the financial sector.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nutso wrote:In the U.S. our triple-chinned President has declared Coronavirus to be a Democrat hoax, we have people thinking that coronavirus comes from Corona beer, the fat bastard's White House have now forbidden cameras and audio from coronavirus related press conferences. People close to me are behaving like xenophobic shitheads and after believing in Trump's hoax lie, are now crying that's there's no hand sanitizers or wipes or N95 masks, but at least I haven't heard of racist assaults against people of Asian descent over coronavirus. Also our news are very, very concerned about how the spread of coronavirus affects the financial sector.
I think we should correct this, he isn't calling the coronavirus a Democrat hoax. He is calling the threat to the US a hoax. He is talking about it, but he isn't taking it seriously.

I am saying this as a guy hoping his heart explodes like tonight.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote:
Nutso wrote:In the U.S. our triple-chinned President has declared Coronavirus to be a Democrat hoax, we have people thinking that coronavirus comes from Corona beer, the fat bastard's White House have now forbidden cameras and audio from coronavirus related press conferences. People close to me are behaving like xenophobic shitheads and after believing in Trump's hoax lie, are now crying that's there's no hand sanitizers or wipes or N95 masks, but at least I haven't heard of racist assaults against people of Asian descent over coronavirus. Also our news are very, very concerned about how the spread of coronavirus affects the financial sector.
I think we should correct this, he isn't calling the coronavirus a Democrat hoax. He is calling the threat to the US a hoax. He is talking about it, but he isn't taking it seriously.

I am saying this as a guy hoping his heart explodes like tonight.
Fair enough. Although I notice you're not correcting me on the number of chins he has.

He should take a disease that seemingly is unstoppable, as far as spreading, seriously in a country with millions of people who can't afford healthcare. I mean we had the Surgeon General practically begging people on Twitter of all mediums, not to buy face masks because that would leave a shortage for medical professionals.
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Economically, they're saying here that at the peak there could be 20% of the entire workforce staying home.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Economically, they're saying here that at the peak there could be 20% of the entire workforce staying home.
Over here, working class people are, traditionally, too scared to miss a workday because of illness. This includes restaurant workers.
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Nutso wrote:
Graham Kennedy wrote:Economically, they're saying here that at the peak there could be 20% of the entire workforce staying home.
Over here, working class people are, traditionally, too scared to miss a workday because of illness. This includes restaurant workers.
We generally have way better sick pay entitlements than the US does, and the government is now saying sick pay will be payed from the first day off work rather than the 4th, so that people can more easily isolate themselves without being penalised for it.

Gotta say, they seem to be laying out quite a well thought out and practical plan for this.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Graham Kennedy wrote:
Nutso wrote:
We generally have way better sick pay entitlements than the US does, and the government is now saying sick pay will be payed from the first day off work rather than the 4th, so that people can more easily isolate themselves without being penalised for it.

Gotta say, they seem to be laying out quite a well thought out and practical plan for this.
A shame our president and vice-president are anti-science fuckheads.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:A shame our president and vice-president are anti-science fuckheads.
Yeah, when Donny Tinyhands put Pence in charge my first thought was whether he even believes in viruses.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

That pretty much follows with the Cult of Trump. What he says is gospel to them.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:05 am
Mother. Fucking. IDIOTS!
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

There is a reported Coronavirus victim literally across the street from where I work.

I think I am safe. Between drinking Trenton and East Windsor water plus the million chemicals I am exposed to, I think I am good. Either that or I mutate it into a flesh eating flu virus that dissolves bone within a day.