Picard spoileriffic discussion of the actual episodes

Star Trek : Picard
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Picard spoileriffic discussion of the actual episodes

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

So aparantly the Sikarans 40,000 light year teleporter was assimilated and installed on the arte The Derelict Borg Cube .

going off of videos on Major Grin's channel, of course. .. And I'm just... ".... Wut. This is dumb."

The only way I can think of the borg having it and not using it to start breakouts of assimilation across inhabited worlds throughout the galaxy.... is if maybe the borg collective had been given a "dumb-down" virus. (A Fire of Devotion by Zeus Parker uses this to explain the VillainDecay that the Borg go through despite ever increasingly shown capabilities, in that its a virus left behind by a TNG/Doctor Who comic crossover story, though warning, that story is also a ship fic of Seven and Samantha Wildman. only story with that pairing that I can see, but still.)
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Since the episode establishes very clearly that the technology absolutely requires the use of an entire 20km thick planetary mantle made of tetrahedral quartz in order to function, one wonders how they make it work at all.

But I guess they just :Q it and it works without the mantle.

Nice to know they got assimilated, though. They were all so smug.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Since the episode establishes very clearly that the technology absolutely requires the use of an entire 20km thick planetary mantle made of tetrahedral quartz in order to function, one wonders how they make it work at all.

But I guess they just :Q it and it works without the mantle.

Nice to know they got assimilated, though. They were all so smug.
i guess that's the reason only the Queen can use it as an escape pod, the Borg found a solution but it's a one use device.
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bladela »

my idea to make it more acceptable : it works only one time and for a limited transported mass (a few people only)

partially prevents it from becoming overpowered..

you can answer me "what prevents the Borg from building 10,000 of them ..."

yes I know, you can invent some technobabble obviously, but at the moment the very fact that the federation has not been assimilated indicates that some limit (in-universe) must be there
"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"