Today I Watched...

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Today I Watched...

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Currently making my way through the Star Wars films. Started at Episode I, seen up to IV so far. It's pretty good so far.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Watched A Quiet Place.

And I didn't have subtitles for the movie. So I had no idea what they were saying in sign language.

So they hunt by sound and are blind. Maybe no sense of smell either.

Their heads get exposed when they use their hearing as those plates move. And they got haywire when high pitched interference sound is used.

They can't hear with the waterfall. I was thinking about how a city would confuse them but then I realize they could probably single out sounds just like we can but better in the city but the waterfall is just gushing water sound that drowns out everything.

These monsters have to be only country thing. No way in hell can I see these monsters decimate the human population where no radio is being used by others. And their obvious weakness would be an obvious place to shoot at.

And you can't tell me a armor piercing round won't get past those plates. I can imagine the army using a large speaker emitting thar ear or head splitting sound that could disable the monsters and they just mop up.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Arrival.

A movie I totally forgot about.

Thoroughly enjoyable. Does make you engage the brain a bit. Especially towards the end when you realize what is going on.

Still wondering about why the aliens were there outside their language.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:05 am Arrival.

Thoroughly enjoyable. Does make you engage the brain a bit. Especially towards the end when you realize what is going on.

Aliens were there because they remembered that humans helped them out in the future
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Coalition wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:48 am
McAvoy wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:05 am Arrival.

Aliens were there because they remembered that humans helped them out in the future
That must have been when Amy was inside the ship talking to them directly. Probably missed it.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Ticket to Paradise: Clooney and Roberts in a sideways rom-com...panned by the press, not a bad popcorn movie that doesn't require any thinking.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Yes, it's alright but nothing special. Fairly by the book. I found it very disjointed, lots of obvious scenes but they didn't really fit smoothly together.
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Don't Worry Darling: Chris Pine, Harry Styles and Frances Pugh...mind bending take on semi Stepford Wives vibe...Pine positively oozes smarmy...fun flick overall.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I didn't hate it but at the same time I wouldn't watch it again. I wrote it up previously.
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Squid Game: a series on Netflix from 2021..demented to-the-death pseudo Hunger Games for adults...crazy, strange, violent, and completely binge-worthy!

I recommend a dubbed version over reading subtitles!
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Enola Holmes 2: ok popcorn sequel to 2020 film of the same name...minus the 2 (better now???)
Last edited by T'Pau on Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

The computer programmer in me is screaming at me to say "They made two films called 'Enola Holmes 2'?", but I won't.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

T'Pau wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:19 pm Squid Game: a series on Netflix from 2021..demented to-the-death pseudo Hunger Games for adults...crazy, strange, violent, and completely binge-worthy!

I recommend a dubbed version over reading subtitles!
On my list. I personally prefer dubbed over subtitled. Combination of me not always having my full attention to watching, to sometimes bad subtitle writing to me just not wanting to read a movie or TV show.

Finally watched the last season, I mean series of Sherlock. I kinda wished they kept to the last episode where they show the characters in the late 19th century as strictly that.

Maybe keep the ending where both Sherlocks modern and 19th century talk about their imaginary versions.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

T'Pau wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:10 pm Enola Holmes 2: ok popcorn sequel to 2020 film of the same name...minus the 2 (better now???)
Indeed. :)

Just watched the first one. Not bad. A little contrived, but at least they she didn't try and kill Sherlock and Watson.
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Amsterdam: great cast, kind of interesting murder mystery, gawd awful writing and delivery...sooooo slow and plodding and quietly mumbled...ultimately quit watching less than half way through..just dull droning that made me sleepy. Though I will admit, I did chuckle about a certain pop artist having an accident. :shock: :lol: :wink: