Today I Watched...

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Today I Watched...

Post by IanKennedy »

Bridge of Spies was pretty decent, but then again most things are with Tom Hanks in.

Ghost Busters : Afterlife, was pretty decent also. Especially, for a movie pretty much centred on kids and considering the last Ghost Busters attempt, which I've vowed never to see.
email, ergo spam
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I saw on Monday:

Assassin Club - Which was pretty much awful. Pan European cast was pretty much a mess. The only notable names in it were Sam Neill and the guy who plays Snake Eyes in the GI Goe movies.

Renfield - Totally camp, Dracula romp with Nicolas Cage as Dracula. Nicholas Hoult as the titular Renfield. Awkwafina as a, typically for her, annoying cop.

Dungeons & Dragons : Honour among thieves - Pretty decent D&D outing with Chris Pine. Strikes a good balance between a good romp and silliness of being a D&D movie.

John Wick : Chapter 4 - A pretty excellent end to the saga.
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Ant-Man Multiverse Mania..keyword MANIA! So much CGI cramming the screen, tough to watch at times. Needed more backstory about the people living in the multiverse...maybe that's for another film.

With growing legal troubles for 'Kang' actor in the real world, I wonder if he will end up being recast?
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

T'Pau wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:54 pm Ant-Man Multiverse Mania..keyword MANIA! So much CGI cramming the screen, tough to watch at times. Needed more backstory about the people living in the multiverse...maybe that's for another film.

With growing legal troubles for 'Kang' actor in the real world, I wonder if he will end up being recast?
Its possible.

I think though Marvel needs to do a serious sit down and figure out what to do. Phase 4 wasn't that good and I do wonder if they actually lost money in it.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Ghosted: Chris Evans meets a gal of his dreams (Ana de Armas), who ghosts him after a magical time together. He over-texts her and then stalks her by way of an AirTag, only to find out shes's a spy. Mayhem ensues!

Decent popcorn flick for a rainy afternoon of turning off the brain matter for a bit.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I watched "Missing" at the cinema a few days ago. It was a good film, better than I had expected, and some stuff that took me by surprise.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I saw that too. For what it was designed to be it was pretty good. The technology didn't really get in the way as much as you might expect.

It will be the last part that too you by supprise:
Hey Siri, call the police.
I didn't see that coming, despite it being telegraphed a number of times during the movie.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Super Mario Bros.

Saw it but I was at my nephew's tenth birthday party. It also happens to be the earliest movie I have seen. As in 1230.

Also ten years olds without their parents with a bunch of other ten years without their parents are hell demons. They don't stop talking, bouncing around or do everything but sit in a theater seat.

One kid got offended I cursed. I said fatass.

Movie is good. It is what it is. They did swap out Luigi and the Princess. You will know what I mean if you see it.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Dungeons and Dragons 2023: a fun romp for even those unfamiliar with the game..several takes on dragons that were new..good popcorn flick!
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

It's very good, nobody really does a bad job in it. Well worth a watch.
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Renfield: hilarious campy gore fest with Nicholas Hoult as the title character and Nick Cage as a perfectly over the top Dracula...a twist on the old yarn set in present day New Orleans..plenty of nods to earler versions of the vampire mythos..plenty of laughs along with loads of OMG mayhem!
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

The only bad thing about that movie is the annoying cop. You either like Awkwafina, or you've seen her in a movie. She's just as annoying in this as she is in "Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings". This is still worth a watch though.
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

The Great Season 3: the previous two seasons were quite good and this current foray is keeping pace well. Nicholas Hoult as Peter the Great with Elle Fanning as Katherine...in a funny raunchy partially true telling of the Russian dynasty...sharp dialogue, wonderful costumes, very silly situations.
Well worth starting with season 1 if you enjoy hysterical historic shows.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

McAvoy wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:10 am Super Mario Bros.
Movie is good. It is what it is. They did swap out Luigi and the Princess. You will know what I mean if you see it.
Saw this today: it felt more frenetic than any of the games, so rhings flew past with barely a chance to catch them visually.

I wish C. Pratt would have chosen a single 'accent' to embody his Mario, instead of sliding aimlessly between several mismash convoluted ones.

As said above, it is what it is.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Circle (2015 film): It's a psychological horror, it was an okay film, but not rewatchable.

Spiral: A film "from the Book of Saw". I preferred the Saw films themselves, but still a decent film.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."