Today I Watched...

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Today I Watched...

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I have just started season 3 of Lucifer, and damn I love this show!

Also, watched Dangerous Game: The Legacy Murders which was a pretty decent film.

I tried to watch Family Swap but I switched off after about 20-25 minutes.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

The Family Plan: Mark Wahlberg as a former assasin turned family man, being hunted by his former employer. Good silly fun!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Godzilla Minus One. Last week. My thoughts are in it's separate post in it's trailer.

So someone see it so I can talk about it!
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Hunger Games Prequel: too long, too heavily focused on one character who sings, gaping plot holes abound for a 2 hr 45min flick...blech!
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I've been watching the First Doctor's second season. it's... overall good, except the Web Planet. I could not tell what was going on, and the high-pitched buzzing and screeching legit hurt my ears.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Rebel Moon Pt 1: mix the 7 samurai with the matrix, add several dashes of star wars, and make the whole mish mash waay too long with character development lacking at every turn...and you are left with Zack Snyder's latest entry for Netflix. But wait...there's more...in April, Pt. 2 of this schlock will be released! Watch and try to find ANY original content...I dare you! ...no, actually, don't waste your time.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

Today, I'm wrapping up Season 2 of Lost in Space (2018 version) and Season 1 of The Mandalorian.

I debated a long time whether I would watch the new Lost in Space. Then, earlier this year, my oldest brother recommended it. I'm glad he did. I think this version is MUCH better than the '60s version. For one thing, the new "Dr. Smith" is a much more believable villain than the old Dr. Smith and not so over-the-top and buffoonish.

I also recently started watching The Lone Ranger, originally airing in 1949.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Finishing up with Season 2 of Loki. I may have to re-watch this all in order to figure out what is going on.

Because of this movie I will watch Antman 3 which I have been putting off for awhile.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

T'Pau wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:15 am Rebel Moon Pt 1: mix the 7 samurai with the matrix, add several dashes of star wars, and make the whole mish mash waay too long with character development lacking at every turn...and you are left with Zack Snyder's latest entry for Netflix. But wait...there's more...in April, Pt. 2 of this schlock will be released! Watch and try to find ANY original content...I dare you! ...no, actually, don't waste your time.
I had pondered watching that. I have changed my mind, so thank you for the review.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I was about to watch Rebel Moon too until I accidently listened to Critical Drinker's review. Which caused to me listen to other reviews.

Pretty much follows what T'Pau is saying. Which sucks. I will watch it at a later date.

Also someone watch Godzilla Minus One!
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

Last night, I watched Dragonheart: Vengeance, third of three direct-to-video prequels to the 1996 film released between 2015 and 2020. Of the four direct-to-video installments (including A New Beginning in 2001), I'd say this one is the best. It doesn't match the quality of the original film, of course, but I feel it's a step up from previous efforts.

Recently started Star Trek: Picard. Definitely better than Discovery, though the intro theme feels lacking.

I also started Enterprise in a second track of Star Trek viewing. The first track being by airdate (started in 2015 with the original series, currently up to Discovery, Picard, and soon starting Lower Decks). The second track will be in-Universe chronological order, ignoring Discovery.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Good luck with Picard. Not going to spoil it for you.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Barbie: loved the opening frame by frame of 2001 re-imagined..did not enjoy the rest of the film much...there were a few funny moments scattered throughout,..guess not being a Barbie-kid, it mostly seemed stupid and heavyhanded...meh!
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:44 am Good luck with Picard. Not going to spoil it for you.
I appreciate that. I've been spoiled enough as it is through various Star Trek groups on Facebook.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Varthikes wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:11 pm
McAvoy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:44 am Good luck with Picard. Not going to spoil it for you.
I appreciate that. I've been spoiled enough as it is through various Star Trek groups on Facebook.
Yeah. I will let you make your own decisions about it. No need to insert my opinion on it. Even if I make it spoiler free.