Post by IanKennedy »

Sure, why not...
email, ergo spam
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Today I Watched...

Post by IanKennedy »

Just watched "A Life Less Ordinary", an unusual film to say the least. Danny Boyle directed, Cameron Diaz and Ewan McGregor.
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Red Notice: Ryan Reynolds, Gal Gadot and Dwayne Johnson in a riff on heist/treasure hunter/buddy comedy films we all know so well. Funny, completely expected outcomes, entertaining popcorn flick. No brain required!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Free Guy. Not a bad movie. Still a bit of Ryan Reynolds being himself. Though dialed down.

Venom 2. Not bad. If you liked the first one, you will like this one. I do have an issue with Carnage in the end battle.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Under the Hemet: The Legacy of Boba Fett....deep dive into the backstory of BF..really enjoyed it!

Shang Chi and the Ten Rings: ..a little Game of Thrones + Neverending Story + Crouching Tiger, Hidden Disney...it wasn't bad, it was ok. My take away from it was "I wanna Morris nooooowwwwwwww!!!!"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I watched Shang Chi this morning. Definitely different from your run of the mill Marvel movies.

They obviously had to redo The Mandarin from the comics. He was the main enemy of Iron Man in the beginning. Technology versus magic.

Also saw Dune. Even though I read the first book, I was totally lost. I don't know if it was the theater or the movie, but the music was really too loud.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Well actually yesterday I watched:

Last Night In Soho
Interesting mix between a horror movie and historical pic set in London in the 60s. Not bad... and it has Doctor Who in it (Well Matt Smith)

Ghostbusters: Afterlife
Now that is how you make a new Ghostbusters movie. Really worth a watch if you like the originals. Post credit scene also...
If you liked the new one well. I don't believe you.

Cry Macho
A very odd little Clint Eastwood movie which takes a very long time to do very little. Still quite interesting anyhow.

Eternals
The latest Marvel extravaganza. A lot of new people for a single movie. Still pretty decent.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:40 pm Well actually yesterday I watched:

Last Night In Soho
Interesting mix between a horror movie and historical pic set in London in the 60s. Not bad... and it has Doctor Who in it (Well Matt Smith)

Ghostbusters: Afterlife
Now that is how you make a new Ghostbusters movie. Really worth a watch if you like the originals. Post credit scene also...
If you liked the new one well. I don't believe you.

Cry Macho
A very odd little Clint Eastwood movie which takes a very long time to do very little. Still quite interesting anyhow.

Eternals
The latest Marvel extravaganza. A lot of new people for a single movie. Still pretty decent.
Ian you should do a review for the new Ghostbusters movie. I have been seeing too many negative reviews for it. Basically because it takes away from the 2016 one.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Venom 2: someone please take the marbles out of Tom Hardy's mouth so his terrible American accent can be understood!!! Frenetic cgi, loud action sequences, not terrible, not an award winner.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Apex: the worst stinker of a Bruce Willis film to date! Get the man some denture adhesive or a new dentist, to correct the lisp that obscures most of his dialogue. Main bad guy was excellent in the most obsurd manner, the rest were dreck. I usually can enjoy even the worst of a bad film, but this one was dreadful from start to finish.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

T'Pau wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:18 am Venom 2: someone please take the marbles out of Tom Hardy's mouth so his terrible American accent can be understood!!! Frenetic cgi, loud action sequences, not terrible, not an award winner.
I rewatched Venom 2.

Totally missed the end credit scene.

I think Tom Hardy does a good American accent. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever seen a movie with his natural accent.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Not sure but I think This Means War, Star Trek Nemesis, and maybe Inception might have been close to his actual accent
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Here’s his normal voice:
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Matrix 4: some good, some silly, mostly fun, NPH horribly miscast, plenty left open to more films.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Binged The Queens Gambit...what a spectacular mini series! A must see! I missed it last year and stumbled on it after an ice skater used the music from it in a routine.