Torchwood 2x04: Meat

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Torchwood 2x04: Meat

Post by Captain Seafort »

Blegh. Not too bad by TW standards, but Gwen's hystrionics were really starting to get up my nose by the end of it.

Also, how the hell were they planning to get that thing out of the warehouse in one piece?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Damnit, Seafort, you beat me by one minute! One minute!

I feel the old urge to punch Gwen in the face returning........
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

I know the feeling. After about the fourth or fifth headless-chicken routine I was literally shouting at the TV for her to shut the fuck up. Couldn't they have hired someone a bit less irritating? Bonnie Langford maybe?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I don't think it would be possible to have hired anyone more annoying than her.

Something I didn't catch; why did the giant monster thing freak out at the end?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

The impression I got was that it freaked out due to all the shooting (I think some shots hit it), and for some reason the usual sedatives weren't strong enough to disable it once it was freaked. Maybe something to do with its adrenalin being too powerful for the drugs to counteract?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ah, right. So why did that necesitate killing it? Could they not just wait till it calmed down?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

The way it was thrashing about it would probably have killed Jack (at least temporarily) Gwen (not seeing the downside given her screeching) and Rhys (who seemed to have more sense and initiative in this episode than the whole team displayed in S1) before it settled down.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

And they couldn't just......move, or something?

Also, did it seem incredibly incompetant of Gwen and Jack that they didn't notice the big silver car following them for what was probably a half an hour or so?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Rochey wrote:And they couldn't just......move, or something?
It looked like they were trapped between the alien and the big pile of boxes that were sitting in the alien's pen for some obscure reason. Plus neither Rhys nor Gwen were in any shape to move - the former because he'd been shot, the latter because she was too busy panicking.
Also, did it seem incredibly incompetant of Gwen and Jack that they didn't notice the big silver car following them for what was probably a half an hour or so?
True, plus there's the question of why they didn't go in as planned on their first visit, rather than dither about wondering what Rhys was doing. I'd also have thought that even if Jack didn't twig that they were being followed (strange since he's usually the only one of them with any nouse) Gwen would have recognised her own fiance's car.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It looked like they were trapped between the alien and the big pile of boxes that were sitting in the alien's pen for some obscure reason. Plus neither Rhys nor Gwen were in any shape to move - the former because he'd been shot, the latter because she was too busy panicking.
Ah, right then.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Loved some of the dialogue in this one.

"We could feed the world!"
"We could release a single."

"Do I show off?"
"A bit."

"This is QUITE homo-erotic."
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...