"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How Discovery Tries to Fit Continuity

Post by Graham Kennedy »

It doesn't.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
DSG2k
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DSG2k »

Graham Kennedy wrote:It doesn't.
According to the "positive", "uplifting", "compassionate" #WeAreStarfleet STD fan group on Twitter, a statement like that means you're a subhuman bigot and the doxxing may begin at any moment.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

DSG2k wrote:
According to the "positive", "uplifting", "compassionate" #WeAreStarfleet STD fan group on Twitter, a statement like that means you're a subhuman bigot and the doxxing may begin at any moment.
Fuck 'em. I say what I like. And I'm not and never have been and never will be on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pintrest, or Reddit. (In fairness I don't even know what a couple of those are.)

I post here, and anybody who comes to start trouble will get a boot in their ass. And I post under my very own name, so I couldn't give a crap if somebody 'doxxes' me.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
DSG2k
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DSG2k »

Insert Tsar_Bomba.gif :D

Social media is the fastest way to have any remaining faith in humanity tested. However threadbare it may have been, it's now hanging on by a string of subatomic particles.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Counterpoint: It does. There's nothing to contradict it, and there's more than enough room in the 23rd century for multiple starship adventures.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

You can either think think Discovery as a retconning of TOS and Nimoy's Spock always had a step sister and at one point a beard. And Starfleet had a spore drive (this one is still hard to truly fit in main Geneverse cannon).

Or. It's a parallel Universe where Spock has step sister and a beard and Starfleet had a Spore Drive.

Me personally I am still 50/50 on where I am on these two sides. I am firmly against the Klingon look. The Klingons could have been updated slightly, maybe chin prosthetics, cheeks more angular, different eyes. Etc. Not what we saw on Discovery.

Maybe the look? No matter what, you really can't go back to the TOS series style of how tech looked for a whole series. It can be done for an episode or two like Enterprise but not a whole series.

Still don't like the ring saucer or the fact it moves.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"