DSC Renewed for Season 3

Discovery
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

DSC Renewed for Season 3

Post by Nutso »

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... ss-1180555
Star Trek: Discovery will take off again for CBS All Access.

The subscription video-on-demand platform has handed out a third-season renewal for the cornerstone of its rapidly growing Star Trek franchise. Additionally, Discovery writer Michelle Paradise — who joined the series in season two — has been promoted to serve as co-showrunner for season three. She will continue to work alongside franchise captain Alex Kurtzman on the series.

Paradise becomes the third new showrunner to pilot Discovery. Kurtzman, who co-created the series alongside Bryan Fuller, took over for Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg after the duo were dismissed early in production of season two. Harberts and Berg replaced Fuller, who was also let go before Discovery's debut. Kurtzman and Paradise will serve as co-showrunners.
Also:
Discovery is the flagship of the Star Trek universe for CBS All Access, which, like other streamers, does not release viewership information. The platform, under the oversight of Kurtzman, is also developing a Michelle Yeoh-led spinoff, and series including animated comedy Star Trek: Lower Decks, a Patrick Stewart-led Picard live-action drama and others, including an animated comedy for Nickelodeon and a younger-skewing Starfleet Academy entry from The O.C. duo Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage and other animated offerings in the works.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Re: DSC Renewed for Season 3

Post by bladela »

Nutso wrote:https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... ss-1180555
Star Trek: Discovery will take off again for CBS All Access.

The subscription video-on-demand platform has handed out a third-season renewal for the cornerstone of its rapidly growing Star Trek franchise. Additionally, Discovery writer Michelle Paradise — who joined the series in season two — has been promoted to serve as co-showrunner for season three. She will continue to work alongside franchise captain Alex Kurtzman on the series.
seen the last episodes of the second season (no masterpiece mind you) ... good news
"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Sad
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Sad
Well even if DSC is still not a rival to the Expanse or DS9, it improves.... And it have enough success to have convinced CBS to invest more in Trek with different show. It's not so sad.
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

DarkMoineau wrote:
Graham Kennedy wrote:Sad
Well even if DSC is still not a rival to the Expanse or DS9, it improves....
On this we disagree.
And it have enough success to have convinced CBS to invest more in Trek with different show. It's not so sad.
On this we also disagree. If the suits consider Discovery a success, we will get more shows like Discovery. No thanks.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

You know when you have a pet you absolutely adore and is very much part of the family but sadly has developed a severe limp, incurable cancer and possibly arthritis? You make the decision it's best to let them go.

I really wish Star Trek could be let go.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Reliant121 wrote:You know when you have a pet you absolutely adore and is very much part of the family but sadly has developed a severe limp, incurable cancer and possibly arthritis? You make the decision it's best to let them go.

I really wish Star Trek could be let go.
Is somebody stopping you from letting it go?
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

No, but if was a dog that needed to be put down, you would be upset to just give it to someone else and they let it carry on in agony :cry:
email, ergo spam
Startrekanmore
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Startrekanmore »

From Youtuber OverlordDVD (aka Diktor Von Doomcock): Doomcock is reporting (with his usual disclaimers about unsubstantiated rumor, etc) via two contacts that the renewal of STD is actually for a series of 10-20 minute "Short Treks" rather than full fledged epiosodes` of 55-60 minutes. Again, I repeat, unsubstantiated but reported to Doomcock by two seperate people (one of which is his normal inside source) and the other from an email from someone who sounds like they are employed a c{the}bs as well. But possibly not. Quien sabe?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Startrekanmore wrote:From Youtuber OverlordDVD (aka Diktor Von Doomcock): Doomcock is reporting (with his usual disclaimers about unsubstantiated rumor, etc) via two contacts that the renewal of STD is actually for a series of 10-20 minute "Short Treks" rather than full fledged epiosodes` of 55-60 minutes. Again, I repeat, unsubstantiated but reported to Doomcock by two seperate people (one of which is his normal inside source) and the other from an email from someone who sounds like they are employed a c{the}bs as well. But possibly not. Quien sabe?
Yeah, I was going to post that here but... I dunno. I find it hard to believe. I guess time will tell.

Honestly I'm burned out on talking about it. I used to get angry about the whole situation, then for a while I had some hope, but now It just depresses me. What will be, will be.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

For what it's worth STD is doing thing to try and fix discovery. They keep adding references to real trek. They keep doing other things to try and attract the old fans. However, they persist with the stupid ship and the spore drive. They have come up with a technobabble reason to not use it anymore, which is something. But we still have people coming back from the dead because of it, an engineer with special powers because of it. Plus a crew containing an android and races we've never seen before. Not to mention Spock having a sister and no brother and all the other things.
email, ergo spam
Startrekanmore
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Startrekanmore »

IanKennedy wrote:For what it's worth STD is doing thing to try and fix discovery. They keep adding references to real trek. They keep doing other things to try and attract the old fans. However, they persist with the stupid ship and the spore drive. They have come up with a technobabble reason to not use it anymore, which is something. But we still have people coming back from the dead because of it, an engineer with special powers because of it. Plus a crew containing an android and races we've never seen before. Not to mention Spock having a sister and no brother and all the other things.

Hence the reference to Talos IV (but nothing of general order 7, yet).

From the change of uniform, I'm going to gather that Christopher Pike is on Discovery to stay in the center seat, which , if true, lends credence to my argument that STD is yet another seperate timeline/universe from the jar jar verse and the prime verse.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Startrekanmore wrote:
IanKennedy wrote:For what it's worth STD is doing thing to try and fix discovery. They keep adding references to real trek. They keep doing other things to try and attract the old fans. However, they persist with the stupid ship and the spore drive. They have come up with a technobabble reason to not use it anymore, which is something. But we still have people coming back from the dead because of it, an engineer with special powers because of it. Plus a crew containing an android and races we've never seen before. Not to mention Spock having a sister and no brother and all the other things.

Hence the reference to Talos IV (but nothing of general order 7, yet).

From the change of uniform, I'm going to gather that Christopher Pike is on Discovery to stay in the center seat, which , if true, lends credence to my argument that STD is yet another seperate timeline/universe from the jar jar verse and the prime verse.
They are adamant that it is not an alternate universe and that it is the same one that TOS (Shatner) is set in.
email, ergo spam
DSG2k
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DSG2k »

This was not unexpected. The replacement shows aren't ready. Kurtzman has been saying they'd roll to the 31 show after STD3 since February 2.

It wouldn't make sense for CBSAA to have no new Trek since they've hitched the horse to it . . . the Twilight Zone reboot is about the only thing they'd have had to keep sci-fi interest alive until 31 came out, and there's no telling how that would do.
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Well the episode aired.

What we got? A Sequel to Th Cage that link both show. And if General Order 7 is not named, it is present.

Discovery is still trying to seduce us... and they sabotaged Spore Drive to end that Deus Ex Machina for at least some time.
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt